Thursday, April 20, 2006

An eyeful today


Right now, I'm still reeling from this clip I just saw a few minutes ago from Late Night with Conan O'Brien. He just had James Lipton (with a red Budweiser cap tilted the hiphop way) read a few lines from Kevin Federline's new rap song. It was hilarious!

A few more minutes before that, American Idol (the late replay on Star World), just wrapped up with this week's performances. The idols took on the standards, with Rod Stewart as their coach. It was such a great episode! My personal favorites...
  • Katharine McPhee with Someone to Watch Over Me.... This song and I have a history together. And he who binds us is Sting! Haha! He sang a version of this song (it was great of course). I suddenly remembered how much I love this song, and how the lyrics seem to speak out to those who wish for that "someone" to put on some speed, and follow their lead. Back to Katharine... She was a pro. So effortless.
  • Taylor Hicks with You Send me... He sent me, and he thrilled all the viewers with that awesome ending. He seemed to have matured and become a tad more sophisticated. Of course, the crazy dancing just had to be part of the song, which actually was the cherry on top of a very sweet bowl of Taylor Ice Cream.
  • Chris Daughtry with What a Wonderful World... First of all, his outfit looked a little circa 1930s. Sorta reminded me of Russell Crowe in Cinderella Man. But fashion statements aside, I like this side of Chris. He was more mellow and he was just great! I really think in the end, it'll be between Chris and Katharine...

For more insights on idol, visit this awesome site : www.rickey.org

Now switching to the local scene... today, I also saw D Lucky Ones with Aida and chae. Super duper funneee! Awesome performance from Eugene and Pokwang! I swear! They stole the show. Half of the time, I was secretly wishing the movie was entirely about their two characters. I think they could've done sooo much better with the directing and editing. Somehow it seems to me that they made and finished the movie in a hurry. But I think I'm happy with what I got out of my P120. My favorite scene was when they went into this elaborate production numbers at the Metrowalk bar. I was stomping my feet while laughing!!! Another plus was this guy from Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros, who in D'Lucky Ones, played the object of Eugene and Pokwang's affection... the very desirable (yet undoubtedly wholesome) Ralph.

Aida, Marchae, and I are still trying to figure out the dance steps to the movie theme song. Haha! I think we're missing one crucial step.

Overall, I am fairly happy with how my day ended. I had an eyeful of funny scenes and awesome performances (courtesy of American Idol!).

On a more personal note, Irene wrote today, sharing how silly she feels with being all giddy and eager about her new prospect. Funny how she and I, being in different places and all, experience the same things, and sometimes, have the same insights. Wouldn't it be nice to be the object of eagerness and hopeful romantic uncertainty for once? :)

All for now! I think I've done my blogging fairy proud today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home