Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I've been on mental blogger these past few days. So many posts, but so little time to actually write them down and publish them on the net. I've been thinking about a lot of things lately, as brought about by the ever-changing tides of work, friendships, family, and life.

Work has not been fulfilling these past few... years? Hehe. Sounds pretty harsh. These past few months is more like it. The changing nature of the IT industry has driven the new direction our company is headed for. From a few hundreds to thousands... Once the elite, now a sea of unfamiliar faces. They've been trying to tell us that the culture has not changed, and I sooo beg to differ. People and history determine the culture. History has now become a sad reminder of how things used to be, the good people who once defined greatness, have defined "11% attrition rate." The values the captains of this so-called ship carry right now, are not in agreement with my own. At the end of the day, we are not people, but chargeable numbers, contributing to the big profit pie.

My personal life has been riding the steady wave for the past... oh, 2 years. Haha! I've been crush-free, sans-love-problem for 24 months! Like I've taken a sabbatical from Cupid's radar. Everyone else's love lives have been flourishing all around me, though. Our trusty household helper just recently exchanged "I Do"s with a man who she has known for a long time, but has been her boyfriend, only just recently. My very good Uh_huh2004 friend has been basking under the adoration and doting eyes of a certain officemate. From being choice-less, she now faces the bigger question, "Do I want to take this to the next level?" Another college friend was most recently introduced to this guy who resembles Nino Muhlach. They've been going out for a couple of weeks. Question now is, will my friend's heart turn into putty (or dare I say ensaimada) and begin a meaningful relationship with Mr. Muhlach-ish?

Single life has been great. Going out with friends, having to report to no one but myself (parents not included as they are immediately mandatory keepers of one's whereabouts.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home