Monday, January 28, 2008

Reunions left and right, front and center!

Friday evening, Aileen, Chae, Sid, Pesem and I met up at Greenhills to send off the queen of ABAP in our old (and obviously retired) ERP5 team. Chae will be leaving for the US on February 7, so we got together. First on the list of things to do then was to ask her why she didn't have a Multiply blog entry about "I Heart TheFirm*" Hehe. We were quite the defensive bunch. Hehe. Us three girls (sans-Sid) first had dinner at Le Ching Too (no trip to Greenhills in complete without it!), and then we had dessert at Via Mare. Tsismisan galore thereafter.






Later that evening, I saw "P.S. I love You" with Pesem, Cel, and Yas. My first movie experience in the Promenade Theater. The seats, I have to say, are the best! Super comfy! I'm no expert in orthopedics, but they're deng great. Movie itself was super sappy. I did shed a tear in a couple of scenes (I am a cry baby afterall). In the end, I had a couple of new realizations... Gerard Butler is hot and I want an Irish guy of my own. Hehe!

Saturday was a JB and family reunion. Late in the afternoon, I picked up Karina and we had merienda at Sango Japanese burger. It's this hole in the wall burger place in Mile Long, Makati. The burgers are good! And they served milkshakes! Best part of the afternoon though was laughing our arses off, making the other customers look (okie... the Schmenten cackle strikes yet again). Our latest genius hirit was born.







After merienda, I drove to Marikina. Suzie gave excellent directions to the Marikina Riverbanks Center. Tito Hermie celebrated his 50th beeday at the Boiler Room. A band played, we had games, and sang. My favorite moments... Tonton and Chacha's mala-videoke MTV interpretation of How Deep is Your Love, The Top of the World's winning performance, Tito Rolly singing videoke, and Lolo Pepe strutting his stuff in the dance floor. We all left Marikina past 1 a.m.






Sunday was mostly babsie day. I slept till before lunch time, had lechon paksiw, watched a lot of television. I swung by Casa Marias after church to have my fill of Ate Love's super awesome Baked Spaghetti! Ate Love gave into my request (thank you thank you!). Delish!! We talked about my search for the perfect boots and coat, how everything just "Fell into Flace". In the evening, I picked up Mariless and we went to Greenhills for our mini-GVS reunion with Monique! She's my best friend from grade school who now lives in the US. As usual, the resident comic and perv Carl was there (and Eldon, too). Inigo made a special appearance! He just had Chicken Pox. Fun times! My favorite moment though was Carl making his, "You're like my sisters" remark. Apparently, Mariless has heard this speech of his before. Haha.






Quite the busy weekend, I must say. But it's all good. Saturday I was able to submit our UK Visa requirements. Deng. I still had to give my pathetic excuse for a bank certificate to the travel agent. It felt good to hand everything over to them. I need to follow up on my next batch of COEs, and more bank certs for the two other embassies we'll be applying to. I still can't shake the apprehension off. I've been traumatized by my Canadian VISA experience I guess. One can never be too confident about these VISA things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home