Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Police and A.I.


** The Police Reunites


... And will be performing in Singapore on February 4. Here's what impulsive Schmenten was thinking of doing (before the more practical and logical part of me convinced me to do otherwise): Book a flight to Singapore (the PAL flights are actually less expensive than the Cebu Pacific ones) and purchase tickets on SISTIC. Tis a once in a lifetime reunion concert and I'm not sure when it's going to happen again.

A short history of my obsession... The year was 1991. Sixth grade. Teoville West. The Torres records collection. Synchronicity II. Every Breath You Take. My Reggie Miller look alike crushie and my days of stalking. Haha. And then in high school, I met Risa H., a fellow Sting fan. She gave me a Rolling Stones magazine where Gordon Matthew Sumner was the cover. Then my first Sting CD. My first CD ever, actually. Soul Cages. Two concerts. More CDs.



When I found out the trio was going to Singapore, I was wide-eyed and super excited! And then I realized, a few days later, that I might not have a passport on the fourth of February (held hostage at the embassy). Of course, there's that tiny detail of finances. I ought to be saving it for our trip this April. Poo.

Anyway, lil ole me joined the Star TV contest for free tickets. Who knows right? :-)




** American Idol Season 7!

Best part of the half-episode I saw was the ending. Where that weird Star Wars fan who calls herself Princess Leia gave this big speech about how AI turns away from diversity and uniqueness. And then there's that montage of the peeps who got through the auditions. Nice. Pic below is the creepy stalker who made a song for Paula. Hehe.



I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Season 7 will be better than Season 6. I didn't even bother watching the season finale with Blake and Jordin. Season 5 (Taylor Hicks) and Season 4 (Carrie Underwood) rock! I hope that Season 7'll have the same magic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home