Monday, March 17, 2008

[Movie Shmovie] Across the Universe

I heart the Beatles. I have almost a hundred MP3s of songs on my iPod. So I was naturally excited to see "Across the Universe". From the trailers, the movie promised to be visually stunning. I heart musicals too. Loved Moulin Rogue. Loved Chicago. So anyway, Tuesday last week, Yas, Mike, and I went to see "Across the Universe" in G4. The verdict? It was ok. Haha. Maybe I had high expectations. I wasn't really sold on the story. At the end of the movie, I just wasn't sure what the entire movie was about. There were so many side stories. Like Prudence. I think they could have done the movie without her. Or that scene where the leads frolicked in the field, all high. It's sad because the songs are just marvelous. Timeless! My favorite songs: "All My Loving" and "Hey Jude". I wish the movie could have had a more solid, engaging story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home