Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sound Bites

Busted Earphone
Just today, after brushing my teeth with my new favorite toothpaste (Sensodyne! Turns out I have sensitive teeth), I walked back to my cubicle. I put my iPod earphones on and to my surprise, no sound came out of the "R" earphone. Dengit. I guess it was a matter of time when my earphones gave out. Perfect timing though. Bummer.

Walking home alone. In the dark. After a breakup
I was talking to Karina yesterday, over dinner at Kitaro Paseo Center. She was telling me a story about our common friend and her ex-boyfriend. On the night they broke up, the girl was devastated. They were parked inside the girl's village and she just got out of the car. The guy just let her be. Walk by herself in the dark. Common girl/guy conflict here. Girl says she's ok to walk by herself in the dark. Guy believes this and lets her be. Well, although black and white are pretty simple, I'd say, you wouldn't let your sister walk home alone in the dark right?! Anyway, this got Kar reflecting about her own relationship. Nothing overly dramatic there. The usual tampuhans on the side, but generally good. I was telling Kar what a great guy P.I. was. And I was recounting this story this morning, I couldn't help but sigh heavily. Good guys come and go, but great guys are hard to come by. They need not be perfect at all, nor everything you've ever wished for. Their greatness comes from their sincerity and their kindness.

2 Hours of Sleep
Last night, or early today rather, I got a measly two hours of sleep. Macmacmac was in a fantastic mood and he just brought me from one tourist site to another in cyberspace. I only realized how exhausting planning for a trip can be. Perhaps in the past, I’ve been used to just looking at must-go-to-places within one city. Two at the most. What’s challenging for our April trip is trying to squeeze in all the good stuff in London within a day (because what’s all Tonton’s got allocated for London). Our 2 days in Edinburgh is still kinda vague as of the moment. I’m torn between getting a Loch Lomond Tour with the Braveheart stop, or just going around Ediburgh. We’re pretty much restricted by the train schedule. Irene warned me not to plan so many things within the day. That I should account for changes in the weather, delayed buses or trains. Goodie. I now see myself 21 days after we arrive in London. With huge circles under my eyes.

"I OWE U"s
I’m still behind my blog entries. There’s last week’s movie schmovie, “Fool’s Gold”. This review should be relatively short. Then there’s this super fun Easter weekend, where we stuffed our faces with Tita Alda’s bestsellers. Happy Beeday Yssa!

When Will the Waiting Be Done?
Something I’ve been asking myself whilst doing our Bisita Iglesia last Thursday.

Do What You Gotta Do
Another nice thought which Karina shared with me last night is this: If you have to do it (for yourself), go and do it. Made me wonder about things I do want to happen to me, not necessarily things I feel like I have to do. Maybe my problem lies there. I’m waiting for things to happen, rather than making them happen More so now, I’m having that feeling of wanting to be independent. Of all the years in my life, I think I’m feeling more “nahihiya” with my parents now. Perhaps it’s my empty bank account giving me the evil eye for all the impulsive purchases I’ve made.

Signs
On the cab ride to Philway Travel yesterday, I saw this the Fitness First window: Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home