Wednesday, January 28, 2009

End of Month Blog Before the End of the First Month of the New Year

I can't believe the first month of the new year is almost over. We've been living in our renovated house for over a month now, and I still feel like everything's brand new. A couple of changes here and there, but basically everything's steady sailing...

** What is the difference between settling and compromising? In relationships, couples compromise. As single ladies, we're taught not to settle for anything less than what we deserve. I think the rationale behind the two is similar. We don't settle because we love ourselves enough to know it should be worth the wait. And couples compromise because they love each other enough to know that they should do whatever it takes to make it work.

** Lately, I've been trying real hard not to harbor or entertain negative thoughts and emotions. I figured, it's just exhausting to be angry or upset with someone. The more we try to figure someone out, the more confusing it gets and the more frustrated we become. So I say, "what the heck?" Some people never change. Some people you will never figure out completely.

** Save, save, save. This year, I will try my very very best to save, save, save. I have my "Tenten's Shopping Guide" sheets tucked inside my wallet to guide me through shopping urges. I have goals for next year and I'm hoping to see more of the world when I'm the big 3-0.

** I've put my 2009 Starbucks planner to good use! It's become my gratitude journal for the year. So far, this journal has helped me focus on the good things about the day.

** I can't seem to get Beyonce and Justin Timberlake's Single Ladies SNL skit out of my head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home