Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Get Togethers 2007: Brunch with Arief

This morning, I met up with Irene's beau Arief. We had brunch at Pancake House Santana Grove, just a stone's throw away from Goodwill (where he's staying here in Manila). We started a little past 10 and finished at past 12. He gave me a super helpful book about MBAs. Of course, we also talked about the girl we have in common, Irenie! Hehe! Arief's a really sweet guy, and I'm happy they're together.



We talked about a lot of things... Work, tv shows, pursuing further studies, movies, fear. Haha. Arief asked me what I was more afraid of. Leaving my job or studying again. I told him candidly that I wasn't afraid of both. I'm scared of making a choice. It's pretty clear now that I need to retake my GMAT.

I really just have to smile. My best friends have found such great guys. I realized that what matters most of us girls (in terms of what we look for in potential partners) changes as we grow older. We become aware of what's more important. Jeff, Irving, and Arief are guys who have aspirations and are responsible. Arief said that he just wants to be supportive of Irene (even if it means she's away and they're not togehter). There is a silent strength in all these three guys, and I know they'll all take care of my girls.

This morning is a nice reminder how each of us deserves someone of greatness. He will not be everything we ever wanted. That in itself is an exciting thought though. It just means there's room for pleasant surprise.

Tonton just told me those born during the year of the goat (moi) will be lucky in love next year (year of the rat). Let's see. Perhaps 2008 will be the year Schmenten will finally take the reigns and move out of the backseat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home