Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post Christmas Day

Where do I begin?! I think my dazed previous entry is indicative of how my Christmas day went.

First off, I got out of bed late. Mama walked in the room and announced to a very sleepy Schmenten that it was 11am. So like being thrown a bucket of ice water, jumped out of bed and took my bath. Off I was in search for the Focus production support team's lunch. Thank heavens for Baliwag, Mongkok, and Serye for being open on Christmas day. I didn't stay in the office long though.

For the first time in years, I missed the Christmas lunch at the Geocaniga's. I did make up for this missed Christmas tradition, by calling Keyce! It was just really nice to talk to her. She's in Illinois now, spending Christmas with Nikka and her family. I sent Keyce a Christmas present and Nikka got it. Not knowing it was a present, Nikka silently thanked her secret admirer and exchanged the item for a small size. Haha! Now she owes Keyce a sweater. Keyce asked me what I was doing in the office. Her candid remark really got me laughing, "O.M.G. So unlike you to be there!" Haha. The girl knows how important the holidays are for me. I can be a Scrooge at times, but at the end of the day, I like Christmas time.

Anyway, after that fun convo with Keyce and after a tall iced Toffee Nut Latte, I went home to prepare for the Christmas party. The Tanquilut Christmas party has always been a highlight of the year (for most of us in the family, I'd say). This year, we had the third round of Bad Santa. All three of us sibs got "bad" gifts. Tonton got a large supporter, and Lester got it! But talk about Karma. Eventually, the supporter found its way back to Tonton. Hehe. A little close to 12, Mama played Santa and threw the crowd some cold cash. 20s and then 100s. This paved the way for another game (which I took from the Focus Christmas party). We had two rounds of the Weakest Line. Fun fun!

I think the best (and somewhat worst) part of the evening though, was the drinking. I made several stops in the drinking station, chugging down shot glasses of Alize mixed with Four Seasons. Of course, loving my own, I also drank several glasses of Lambrusco (Sparkling red wine) and Asti Martini (champagne). My red cheeks and red ears gave me away. As well as my constant chattering and very "mapungay" eyes. I vaguely recall saying good bye to our guests. I don't even know how I managed to take a shower, SMS Mike to say I wasn't coming to the office the following day, and watch a wee bit of WWE on TV.

The bad part of this drinking experience, however, was getting out of bed at 5am, and vomiting my eyes out. Oopps... Down the toilet bowl went the red wine I had, dinner, and probably some of the marshmallows and fruits I dipped in the chocolate-fountain-turned-chocolate-fondue. I couldn't sleep! So I went down to the kitchen, drank two glasses of water. Not an hour later, I found myself in the bathroom once again, seeing the water I drank go down the toilet. Ewww...

Okie. Now after that very visual drinking aftermath, allow me to highlight my favorite parts of Christmas day.

** Playing Food Santa to the peeps at the office, bringing them lunch for two straight days. Makes me wonder why I never got into the catering business. Oh. That's right. I majored in Management Information Systems and I work at an IT Firm.

** Seeing and hearing appreciation. Irene loved her Friends DVDs, and Judi was just gushing at the toy truck I sent Dylan. She said she made the right choice making me Dylan's Godmother. Gengen made special mention of the shirt I gave her in her blog. Glad you liked it sweetie! Haha!

** Having the family over for Christmas. It's always great to have everyone in one house, including those who have been away for a while. Welcome back Macky and Kuya Andre! Skype is indeed a blessing! We got to talk to Tita Linda, Tita Cion, and the Gutierrezes in New York! Ate Gret is forever pretty, and the Punos/Paraguas were just all smiles and laughing. Haaay. I love my family! Wouldn't trade them for anything.

** Schmenten's booboos. Okie. Let me start by saying how difficult keeping track of the names of all my cousins' boyfriends can be. So Milet, I apologize for calling JP "Chris" (your ex). Haha. I think we've bonded more than enough (over several pitchers of Red Tide) for him to forgive me. Haha. But it was a riot. I also enjoyed taking cheap shots at Tetet's current beau. Haha. When I called the boys for the boys' family photo, I said, "O! Kasama lahat ng mga cousins! Pati ang mga cousins na kamukha ng mga dating cousins." Tita Guste heard me and playfully pinched me. Haha. Blame it on the booze!

** Surprise SMSs from old friends... and old crushes. Haha.

I'll post pics of the crazy Christmas Day soon. :-) Right now, I've got to take a shower and be off to pick Tere up. Block dinner tonight, and I'm not sure if I can drink again. Let's see!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home