Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Random Thoughs

As I am typing, we are less than 12 hours away from Christmas. Tis Christmas Eve and where is Schmenten now? In cubicle 8.37, looking at my Outlook Inbox for any sign of life (I have not received a new email since three hours ago). Yep. I am in the office. I felt like Santa when I came with all the stuff for the Production Support peeps on call today and tomorrow. I had their North Park lunch and several bags of groceries.

I must say, two straight days of shopping has drained a lot of my holiday energy. Saturday, Tere and I took an impromptu trip to SM Mall of Asia to buy gifts (For others and for ourselves! Haha!) I was planning to go shopping alone, but thank heavens for Tere and the good timing of her going online. Shopping's a great way to burn off a few calories. I was pretty beat when I got home though. But excited about our December 26 cafppl reunion (and "10 years from now" talk we plan to have the with the guys).

Sunday. I spent most of the morning and some parts of the afternoon lazing around. Ton and I went out at around 7pm. ATC was the place to be. I've been on a Holy Grail of sorts since Saturday and my quest yielded zero results again last Sunday. So I opted for a different present, which I hope will be ok and will fit. Hehe. Ton and I got home at past 12 mn.

As I predicted, this Christmas is like any other. Nothing extraordinary. Mostly, I got caught up with work and shopping. Eating till my tummy protrudes is still an inherent part of the holidays. I think I'm back to my 2005 weight, which isn't good. I need to lay off the chocolates for a while. The family Christmas dinner is tomorrow, and I still have a messy room which is screaming for some serious cleaning. My closet is bursting at the seams, also screaming. For some stackable organizers.

I think I'm just about done with the Christmas shopping. This year though, I made an extra generous gift giving gesture to my loved ones in the US. The only thing I'm worried about, post holidays, is my credit card bill. Jeepers. I could probably sell my huge arms and my huge legs to pay off my debt.

I wanted to feel the Christmas spirit, earlier this December. Which is why I watched "Serendipity", only to be a little depressed after. Where is John Cusack? The perennial question.

Been thinking about a few things lately. Some of the old stuff, and some new things. I want our story to read, "It all started when I made the conscious decision to take charge of things and to make things happen." I had lunch with the Dela Ramas the other day and Paolo, he hath the best way of phrasing the most honest opinions, said to me, "Tama na yang kalokohan naman. Get it over with and let it be something we'll all laugh about ten years from now." I'm beginning to wonder why I don't have the courage to do as I've been told. Hehe. Maybe fear?

Oooohh... Such serious thoughts for the holidays.

Back to more Christmas-y random thoughts.

Schementen's presents this year are pretty good. I think I have a lot more extra stuff now. I'm hoping the recipients of my gifts will enjoy what I bought them. I always strive for gifts with a personal touch. Hehe. I like putting some thought in the presents that I give out. Although there are some which can be generic. But I try to make them as personal as possible. I haven't opened the presents I received just yet. Maybe tonight.

MacMacMac is sort of sick these past few days. I can't boot him up, which is a drag, considering all the blog-worthy activities happening as of late. I need to bring him to the PowerMac store to get serviced. It's a good thing we got a couple other laptops at home.

Tomorrow's party should be a blast. It always is. I just need to prepare the games, tidy up my room, and make sure all presents have been wrapped and tagged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home