Monday, December 10, 2007

My Sunday at Glorietta

Since I spent the entire Saturday in my pajamas (and the only productive thing I did all day that day was to start wrapping presents), I vowed to make Sunday a better day.

First on my list...Had a 2pm appointment with Nelson at Toni and Guy to have my haircut... Err... trimmed rather. People at the office say the haircut isn't all that obvious. This morning, it's gone the "tikwas" way again. There has to be some other hair product (other than the very expensive "Bed Head" brand they sell at T&G), which will allow me to style my not so long hair.

So anyway. After my haircut, I went around Glorietta. This was the first time I've ever visited the mall after the bombing. Everything seems the same as before. Although now, the entire section of Glorietta 2 is sealed off with these colorful boards. Remember Bufini? That magazine store across The Body Shop? Well, the partition starts there, all the way around Glorietta 2.




I was actually pretty happy to see a lot of shoppers. I'd expect more though, considering the Christmas rush and everything.



I had a mission, actually. To search for the perfect packaging for my office giveaways. I'd seen 5 peso pouches in Quiapo and I considered visiting. But then I thought about the hassle and the traffic. Okie. So I was pretty much willing to accept any additional costs. I visited Landmark first, and found a decent looking paper bag. 15 bucks. Then, I went to SM. I considered plastic ware (because of its reusability factor). And then, after this silent prayer to the shopping gods, I finally found what I was looking for. Small colored boxes! In a gift wrapping shop right inside SM! Nice!

So what's a shopping trip without visting the big Z? Hehe! I got my Christmas blouses! Woohoo!

I also visited the Gap. Which isn't so bad. A little limited in terms of selection.

I ended my shopping day with a snack at Starbucks 6750. The barista remembered me and asked why I don't come by as often. And so I tried out their new hot sandwich. Well. It's actually a multigrain bagel with bacon, egg, and cheese. Pretty filing! Also had a tall strawberries and creme frap. Okie. So while I was eating, I could hear Christmas songs in the background. I wasn't with anyone, and I was more observing the people who'd come and go. I could imagine what Christmas in a foreign country might feel like. And it's pretty sad!



I heard mass after my snack, to end the day with some reflection time. So overall, it was a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home