Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Visits and more

I said a silent prayer last Sunday. That this week's client visit goes well. And I must say, my prayers were answered. Hehe. We had about three visitors. One from the client, and two of them were also from The Firm (Sydney office). We were all pretty apprehensive, considering the client visiting is the boss of our boss. The other executive was the master of the system we're supporting. I felt like it would be an audit of sorts. However, it was nice to actually be given a different view (how much of the work we do contribute to the client's business). The facts and figures actually show we're doing well. The people in the project simply had to hear that (most of what we hear from the client are usually the unplesantries).

I think it went relatively well. Hehe. We got to practice talking in straight English. Sometime in the afternoon, Ceasar, Pasqui, and I tried our hand at the Aussie/British accent. Hehe.

Random Thoughts for today (it's been a while since I last did this!)

** Our creations making an appearance in the bazaar scene (our earrings, robot pendants, and bracelets) has been moved to next year. In Ate Love's words, "Di pa tayo ready." We didn't have a lot to sell (dude, making these things ain't easy!) and they ran out of available slots at Cuenca. Deng. I was looking forward to my "Bazaaar Comeback". Hehe.

** I got my official GMAT score. Still the same score printed out on the report I got right after taking it. I got my Analytical writing score as well! Not so bad!! I got a 5.0 out of 6.0! Which isn't too shabby, if I may say so myself. Now.... what next? Hehe. I'm planning to retake the GMAT early next year, but I'm a little wary about how this will affect my timeline (I can see Irene, Suzie, and Paolo's raised eyebrows).

** I was invited to speak about Stewardship at the New Joiner's Orientation today. I genuinely enjoy giving talks and educating people about certain concepts. I guess that's why I enjoyed my stint at the MTS bench, facilitating review sessions, giving talks to new joiners. Haha. Mahusay akong mambola. Mwehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home