Saturday, February 09, 2008

Greenbelt Two Days in a Row

This week, Schmenten was in Greenbelt two days in a row.

Last Tuesday, we took our Geocaniga balikbayan Auntie Kiting to People's Palace in Greenbelt 2.

Auntie Kiting is Papa's youngest sister. She's an RN in New Jersey, and she's been living in the US for over 20 years now. She shared a lot about her recent experiences. I'm glad they all enjoyed the wonderful Thai food from People's Palace. Keyce and I love this resto! We ordered a bottle of wine (which gets the conversations going) and two additional glasses.




Interestingly enough, Auntie Kiting said she keeps tabs on the latest through my blog! She googled our surname and somehow, after a few clicks here and there, she found my blog! Cool! So Auntie, if you're reading this, my shout out to you! Hehe!



The day after, Wednesday, birthday boy Mike and I went to Fish Out of Water in Greenbelt 5. It's been a while since I posted pics of food (and a lot of my blogging friends and readers enjoy these delectable treats). The selection's pretty varied and the price is reasonable.

For starters, they served complimentary bed with a fish mousse. We ordered deep fried crab ravioli for our appetizers. I ordered a pumpkin soup which was pretty good.



For our entrees, we had the butterflied tilapia with this special sauce and the fish belly. The belly sat on a single serving of what tasted like jambalaya (rice).



I told Mike about my latest encounter with the MMDA. I was on my way to Makati the day before and a fellow in blue started flagging me down. I was on the yellow lane, he said. I've been on EDSA on my way to Makati a dozen of times, and I've always been able to take the yellow lane a couple of meters before turning to Ayala. And so the MMDA officer proceeded to tell me that I should not have been on the yellow lane blah blah blah. The easiest way out of this sticky situation? Tears. I was alone, so it wasn't so difficult (or embarrassing) to conjure them.



This is Mike's candid reaction to my what if (his team lead leaves). Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home