Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday's Great Finds

Whopee! Second blog entry of the day. Other highlights of the day...

** I've been an RX listener for a few years now. I listen to three radio stations actually. RX, Magic, and 88.3. Chico Garcia of the Morning Rush (RX 93.1) has a really interesting blog. It's fun to read! Hehe. He recently posted some of the interesting Travel Stories (a Morning Rush Top Ten) in his blog. Here are some of my favorite entries:

Phambotsdad - The first time we went to Baguio, we learned that there was a coup ‘d etat back in Manila. Thus, our 6-hour travel back ended up being a 2-day ordeal. We slept in the car along the highways, and we did the stuff you’d normally do in the privacy of your home toilets, along the side of the roads.

Kobe Kong - On my way h0me fr0m an O.B. trip in Singap0re, the immigrati0n official t0ld me that I might want to j0in their pr0mo for t0urists. I didn’t really care ab0ut the pr0mo but j0ined anyway just to indulge the official. 2 m0nths later, I g0t an email fr0m the Singap0re T0urism B0ard advising me that I had just w0n a 4-day stay at the famous Four Seas0ns H0tel, free return tickets on Singap0re Airlines f0r two, and tickets f0r 2 on a 3-day luxury cruise fr0m Singap0re to Malaysia!

CBboating - On our Bangkok trip last weekend, we shopped at Chatuchak market (the largest tiangge in the world). Sa sobrang kakatawad namin, pinalayas kami sa isang stall.

No name - When we went to Hong Kong Disneyland 2 years ago, we had our picture taken with Pluto. We were shocked when he suddenly said, “Punta kayo kay Mickey, Pinoy din siya!“

No name - My officemate and I were sent to Singapore. One time we got into a cab who had an Indian driver. While inside the cab, my friend said, “Ang bahu-baho naman ng bumbay na ‘to, amoy anghit!” And to our shock, the cab driver suddenly said, “Pare, pasensya na, pagod lang sa trabaho.” Turned out he worked before in Manila and spoke Tagalog fluently. We apologized profusely.

Trina - My friend Chad who looks Chinese went to an electronics shop in Hong Kong and put on a Chinese accent hoping that he’d get a cheaper price. The saleslady turned to her companion and shouted, “Linda, ikaw na nga dito, hindi naman guwapo!” Without missing a beat, Chad looked the saleslady in the eye and said, “At bakit, maganda ka ba?“


** Finally got our hands on Maroon 5 concert tickets! Last Friday when I called Ticketnet, they told me there were 3 seats remaining. Today, the lady said there were 30 available tickets. So we immediately rushed to the nearest Ticketnet outlet and got us the deng tickets. Other people in line bought tickets for the Neyo concert (ano bang sikat na kanta nito?), and MYMP (ugh). Woohoohoo... Sunday morning, rain is falling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home