Thursday, April 10, 2008

Edinburgh, Scotland Part 1

Early Monday morning, Rommel and I went to King's Cross Train station to catch the 7am train to Edinburgh, Scotland.



First on our list was to see the famous Platform 9 3/4 (Hehe! Hanapin ang Harry Potter fan). The train ride was long, but it was not so bad! I was half-wishing I brought my laptop (or A laptop) with me (free Wifi on board!). I also took in the English country side whizzing past us. So many cute sheep and baby sheep. Hehe.




We arrived in Edinburgh a little past 12. After settling in Castle View Guest House (our great B&B), we went straight to Waverly Bridge to catch the Edinburgh Bus Tour. We braved the cold weather and rode on top of the double decker bus. Hehe. We hopped off Edinburgh Castle first.

We took the audio tour and it was uber informative. Of the castles we've seen so far, this one's the best. I think what made it doubly interesting was the castle's link to Robert the Bruce, the real Braveheart. And there's Mary Queen of Scots!

The castle erected on top of a volcano, and has never been taken over!






After Edinburgh Castle, we went straight to Holyrood Palace, the Queen's residence in Scotland. Amazing Race Scotland edition kami ni Rommel because we went around the Palace just before it closed.




Rommel and I hit the sack very early that day! 8AM! We savored the homey feeling of the B&B. Zzz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home