Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sweet Sweep!

After six years waiting, the Blue Eagles reclaim the UAAP Men's Basketball crown! Woohoo! I was in the office when it all happened! I desperately looked for websites with live score and game highlights updates. I quickly scanned through the status of my online Yahoo buddies. Lo and behold, Kim had "Go Ateneo!" beside her name. I popped her and she gave me score updates! We were both very tense! Happy for the 15 point lead and worried when it was down to 3. I called Rommel during the last minute of the game, and the joyous cacophony in the background made me regret turning down Bebet's offer the day before for lower box tickets at the Big Dome. Sweet, sweet victory! Kars and I wanted to go ADMU for the victory party. Haha. But we restrained ourselves. It was raining pretty hard! The team's performance during game one convinced me they were a strong team. The 2002 UAAP finals saw the Archers and the Blue Eagles on equal footing in terms of skilled players. I really couldn't call that one out. This year, stats and sports experts agree that Ateneo was the likely victor. Woohooo!

I was talking to Karina over the phone and she shared some of the funny shirts they're selling in Ateneo. For Baclao, there's an "I AM Nonoy" shirt. And for the team heartthrob, "Iglesia ni Chris Tiu". Mwahaha.

In other news.... On my way home, I decided to pass by our house in progress. While I was making my usual rounds, one of the workers noticed that there was a huge fire a few blocks away from our house, visible from my bedroom window! So when I went home, Tonton, Ate Henny, Flor, and I took our usisero selves and a couple of umbrellas and walked close to the fire. So sad to see families, carrying their belongings and crying. I was relieved when the fire trucks arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home