Monday, August 09, 2004

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd; "
- Alexander Pope, Eloisa to Abelard

I saw Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind twice in the past two weeks. Such a nice and touching movie. This is by far, my favorite Jim Carrey movie. He was effortless in his portrayal of lovestruck and grief-stricken Joel Barish. The first time I saw it, I felt an immediate connection to his character. He was lonely (borderline depressed, I would say) until he found Clementine. For the record, I'm not a lonely gal. Hehehe. Better put, there are days in the week when I'm in a Joel Barish mood. Hehe. Anyway, his world falls apart when he discovers Clementine has erased him from her memory. In spite, he rushes to Lacuna (the clinic), to have the procedure done on himself too.

Anyway, in a nutshell, the movie is a journey into Joel's memories of Clementine. Their memories together. And how when we evaluate the significance of a relationship, we should consider the good times, too. Tis so easy to remember the sad ones, the memories we wish to forget, but could not.

I realized after seeing that movie that I am such a sucker for memory and time-bending flicks. It's pretty fascinating!

Anyway, tis enuf for Eternal Sunshine talk! Next entry please!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home