Friday, May 21, 2004

Last post was on the 17th, which coincidentally, was my uncle's last day here in the mortal world. He passed away the same day I posted my last blog.
It's excrutiating to think that a member of the family is gone, never to be seen or be with again. It's even more excrutiating and difficult if you have to live through the reality of it.
I guess that's how it is with our family-- everyone's immediate. I've been the official family photographer for the past how many years, and I've enjoyed taking pictures of special events and not-so-very special events. I had to look for Tito Ely's more recent photos, and reviewing the albums we have was truly sad. Those were happy times- as reflected in the beaming faces which spoke to anyone from the photographs. Big smiles, and a certainty of happy times lasting forever.
Being reminded of one's mortality ain't no easy feat. Such a reminder assumes that something terrible has happened and that things will never be the same again. Happy times will return, but not in the near future.
I know Tito's in a better place, as cliche as that my sound. I know he's whole and content where he is. And that this is simply the circle of life, the way of the world, man's journey to the next metaphysical realm. We all need to be strong for each other. And frankly, I'm just glad that we HAVE each other- my cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, Mama, Papa, and my brothers. We all have each other. It's a comforting thought (and a proud one at that). I know we'll get through this. And I'm glad we will together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home