Monday, August 20, 2007

Business As Usual

This isn't really my day today. First of all, I had intended to get up early today to be the FIM for an implementation activity. I slept at 4am earlier today and waking up at 6 didn't seem do-able to my stressed out bod. I threw some office attire on and later realized (when I saw my manager) that it was casual day today. Dengit. When I withdrew money from the ATM, the machine dispensed 20 100 peso bills, instead of four 500 peso ones. Starbucks is closed today. And the best part of them all, it's a national holiday. All the regular employees, including the sleepy peeps at home, are resting and basking under the post-Egay sun. Perfecto.

The weekend was pretty tiring.

I spent most of Saturday with Irene. Lamon fest (in frequent, smaller portions). And a fashion show at their Sikatuna home from 830pm till 10. Fun fun! It was nice to play fashion consultant and to guide Ms. B about what could match with what.

Sunday it was all for Lola. From 10AM till 4AM. Prep for next Saturday's party is stretching the stress level. I think I sort of calmed down (and destressed), when I saw that Tita Alda was pitching in (in terms of prep), that Sheryl and Majo were both very committed to making the program a good one, that Mitchie was willing to be part of the Reception team, when Tita Baby offered to treat us out to dinner one of these days, and that the girls and the boys put their hearts in practicing! I think the "Deal or No Deal" segment will win everyone over. We still have to go through a monster to do list.

I was with my girls yesterday, too. Ina, Iris, and Yssa. Ina is almost as tall is Rommel now, with her long long legs! She's such a kikay goof-off. Here's how our conversation went last night when we were talking about their outfits for Saturday's presentation:

Marjorie: Leggings na lang kaya kayo?
Celine: Eh, stripes yung leggings ko.
Ina: Ako may black and brown.
Tenten: Wag na lang leggings. Mahirap pa. Dapat pare-pareho. Jeans na lang kaya!
All the girls: Sige sige! May jeans kami!
Ina: Wait Ate Ten! Anong jeans? Meron akong boot cut at skinny kasi.

Mwahahaha.I wanted to kiss her right then and there, but I was driving so I just laughed my silly a** off. She's super kikay.

Hay. Oh well. Back to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home