Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekend Recount

The long weekend was pretty fun! Weekend highlights...

** Thursday dinner and coffee with the ESS and Testing team. Yours truly paid homage to "The Buzz" by interrogating newbie. Mr. Eyeslashes, please send me the pics!

** Friday party prep! Tonton and I hit the Liquor section of Shopwise Sucat. 1 bottle of coffee mudslide, 1 bottle of Absolut Vodka, 1 bottle of Tequila, 1 small bottle of white rum, 1 small bottle of gin. And a couple of mixers. I later went to Galileo to buy bottles of Red sparkling semi-sweet wine (Lambrusco). Keyce and I ordered a bottle way back when, with our deli platter.

** Friday Surprise Sale! I was contemplating about where to kill time (and ahem, review). Because the Glorietta parking lot was full, I was forced (ahem, forced raw) to go to Powerplant Mall. I didn't really want to go (So many good memories!), but the banner "Weekend Sale" was a beacon of light. Haha. I actually just got one item (a cute shirt from David and Goliath) and the rest were gifts for beeday celebrants.

** Friday Crushie Sighting! Okie, so I was at Plant alone (cue music, "All by Myself"). I was just about to slump into not-so-pleasant mood, when I caught sight of an old college crushie. FBG, Fortunate Brother G. Another schtick on my Miguel hall of fame. Haha. Anyway, we've never shared a decent conversation. He was actually with his girlfriend (lucky git). Our eyes met and he waved and smiled at me! I swear, I had a huge smile on my face when he was out of sight. What a cutie. I remember them days back in college where our days were defined by seeing or smiling at our crushies. Haha. Good times.

** Friday party proper! Popsie celebrated his 57th birhtday last Friday and we had small get together. Tonton and I played bartender, attempting to recreate some of the drinks they serve in Central. I think I got tipsy from sampling the drinks I mixed! Sheryl and the family slept over, so we got a good dose of Iya.



** Saturday's for Kar Kar. Made pasta for Karina's party and heard anticipated mass before heading off to Somerset Millenium (same place where Beege had her bridal shower). I met three of Figgy's friends and Dino came over with Mau! Garsh. What a handsome boy! His eyes were glued on the TV ("The Mummy" was on). Dino half-scolded me for calling the mummies "monsters". The child-friendly term was "kalaban" (or enemies). Schmenten took a nap just when Macky arrived. We spoke with Maan twice!! We miss her sooo sooo bad. :( I updated her with the latest and she told me to stop eating Fita. Haha. At around 4am, we all finally called it a night. Mack, Karina, Irving, and I fit in the King sized bed.






** Sunday back at the Plant with Kar Kar. Return of the Judai to Powerplant Mall. Kar and I just hung out and walked around the mall. I bought a couple more presents for cousins and nieces and nephews.

** Sunday is Las Pinas Day. We saw the Gutierrezes off Sunday evening at their BF Almanza home. Augmoc looked pretty sad. Awww... Tita Babes promised to return this January. Sad lang. The Tanquiluts have been sort of complete these past few months, and it's nice to have everyone present. We will miss them! Then a quick trip to BF Resort for Zoie Eusebio's party. Ninang Ten was late (as usual). The ERP5 boys were there though. Zalggy, Greg, and RapRap.




At the end of the long weekend, I was wishing for an extra day. Wishing not to return to work. And wishing for a couple other things. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home