Friday, October 12, 2007

In Closing

A day of conclusions, I must say.

Today marks the end of the work week for most of us. Holiday tomorrow! And thanks to our manager re-reading the SOW, us peeps from the Dev team are taking a day off with the rest of the country. Sweet!

It's 4AM and I just finished watching the last episode of Entourage Season 4. "The Cannes Kids". The guys take Medellin to Cannes and finally see what the movie's worth. I'm officially hooked! I think this show (and Adrian Grenier) has had a lot of airtime in my blog. Jereme Piven deserves the Emmy for his role as Ari. He's brilliant! I can't wait to see Season 5 (which will be airing 2008). I will miss my Vince :(



ESS and Testing team building today. We had dinner at Thai (at) Silk in Serendra and coffe at The Coffee Bean after. Dinner was good and filling. But People's Palace's still tops in my book for Thai food. Hehe. Schmenten the Inquisitor was present that evening, grilling Aisah, our new DBA. I should be doing this for a living, some people reckon. Pictures to follow.

We ended pretty early (before 11), so I met up with Karina after. We just hung out in Mandarin. We had a really great conversation about work, conflicts, speculations, the holidays. We asked ourselves why there seems to be a certain sadness about the holidays. We didn't really come up with a definitive answer. Perhaps it's because Christmas back when we were kids were simply the best of times. Every new Christmas makes us feel how much we've aged. I was telling Kar maybe it's because Christmas also signals that the end of the year is near. Alas. Another 12 months have passed. The best part of our conversation was perhaps when I shared my frustration. I think this means I need to stop eating Fita. I think I find difficulty in not being able to figure something out. Maybe I should just assume our speculations to be true. I thought the fourth time would've been the charm, but it turns out I'm a officially a victim of the curse of the namesake. Haha. Now for some closure. Chin up for 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home