Sunday, December 30, 2007

Just before 2008...

Yesterday afternoon, I brought the very ill MacMacMac to the PowerMac service center in Greenbelt. The initial diagnosis, there might be something wrong with the hard drive. Worst case scenario, the logic board's screwed. Deng. I asked the guy how much the worst case was going to cost me. He said in his very timid voice, "Maybe 25-30 thousand." Ugh.

MacMacMac's confinement got be thinking about a lot of things. Perhaps I've been taking him for granted to the point of being careless. Perhaps I've also been living recklessly these past few years, with no conscious effort to save for a rainy day (and the worst case sounds like a rainy day). Being laptop-less for the next couple of days is also a good reminder how you don't know what you have until it's gone.

Hay. I also realized how easier it is to be carefree. To let someone else drive. To be upset when things don't go my way (which is ironic because of the lack of control in the first place).

So before the new year officially arrives, there are a couple of things I need to do.

(1) Clean out my closet - Well, literally for now. I have a lot of stuff just lying around. A couple of blouses which have not seen the light of day for more than a year now. Shoes which I have not worn since I bought them two or three years ago. I spent most of the evening with the girls (Ate Love, Ina, and Camille) yesterday and I was witness to their house cleaning. Kinda inspired me to do some tidying up of my own. Put into practice that thought about not being attached to your material possessions.

(2) Think 2007 Highlights - I got a couple of highlights in mind. Will have to blog about this of course. Need to look back before moving a step forward.

(3) Think of my 2008 Goals - For 2007, I set 5 or 6 goals I think. 2 or 3 I've been able to accomplish. Maybe for 2008, I need to keep my goals to a minimum (maybe 3) to ensure success rate. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home