Sunday, December 30, 2007

Movies Movies Movies in 2008!

Although I'm not as updated with movies as I was prior to Keysi's departure for the US, I still consider myself a movie freak. Hehe. Still a fan of the silver screen. Still like sharing inane deails about movies and movie stars!

Anyway, I've been surfing the net quite often lately, for lack of a better thing to do around the house (which I'm up for). And I found a couple of movies I promise to definitely see on the big screen (and not wait for it on Star Movies or HBO).

Mamma Mia
Tis one of em few musicals I've actually seen! I've loved it since Irene and I saw it in Singapore a few weeks back, and I recommended my parents to watch it in Broadway (and they did last May). Anyway, imagine my delight when I saw this trailer!! They're making a movie! And Meryl Streep's in it! O.M.G. I hope they do the musical justice.



Speed Racer

Now here's a lethal combination: The Wachowski Brothers + Emile Hirsch + classic Anime series + Rain. I'm super excited about this film. I think it might be one of 2008's biggest hits. Rain is making his Hollywood debut here! Hope he does well. I've always been a fan of Emile Hirsch (since his early acting days), and I'm glad he beat out Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Shia LeBouf for the title role.



The Dark Knight

I love Christopher Nolan, and what he has done for the Batman movie franchise is close to miraculous. He saved it from the cartoon-ish and unrealistic look, gave a darker, brooding feel to it. In this sequel to Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne comes face to face with the Joker (portrayed by Heath Ledger). From what I've seen so far, I'm glad Heath is breathing new life into the character. Jack Nicholson was brillant of course, and it is a challenge to step out of his shadow. I hope this movie will not disappoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home