Thursday, December 13, 2007

Not my day today

Work has been going smoothly for the past few months. Today, however, I made a major booboo. For some reason, I've been granted admin access to one of the servers the peeps will be using for performance testing. I sort of noticed that I the settings of the server changed (the home page is now MSN). Anyway, whilst I was preparing to leave after a day at work, I had accidentally shut down the server!! O.M.G. I made a panicky phone call to Mike who told me to log a case with the IT service desk. Which I automatically did. Angelo called just as I was cutting my toenails (did not have time to go the foot spa place today) and asked me what happened. They were going to run a test and it was just perfect timing. Luckily, we had two servers and the other server was still running ok.

Deng deng deng. I did not mean to shut down the server, and making that mistake was right smack in the middle of the nail-biting Christmas Readiness testing. Haaay.

Anyway, I hope tomorrow's a better day. I hope they can start the server back up again!! =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home