Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Random Thoughts

So this weekend was mostly about eating and sleeping. The last thing I ate, prior to this blog entry, is half a Choriburger from Bun on The Run. Tonton and I were on our way home from Tita Baby's and we just had to satisfy our cravings. Last night I had dinner with Ate Love and the girls at People's Palace, and I could feel my tummy bulging, happy with all the prawn pomelo salad and beef curry.

Anyway, some weekend random thoughts...

** This afternoon, I saw "A Room With a View". 1985 Oscar Award winning film. Helena Bonham Carter, pre-Tim Burton. Here's a nice line which George Emerson, one of the lead characters, said to Lucy. He was pertaining to Cecil (played by Daniel Day Lewis), who was engaged to Lucy (then):

"He's the sort who can't know anyone intimately, least of all a woman. He doesn't know what a woman is. He wants you for a possession, something to look at, like a painting or an ivory box. Something to own and to display. He doesn't want you to be real, and to think and to live. He doesn't love you. But I love you. I want you to have your own thoughts and ideas and feelings, even when I hold you in my arms. It's our last chance..."


** I need to visit the dentist soon. One of my molars is kinda hurting. This was a very good reminder of risk management. I should've returned to the dentist long before it started hurting. Ugh. Talk about being tamad.

** Nothing beats sleep. My favorite thing about the weekend is sleeping in late. Love those afternoon naps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home