Sunday, June 08, 2008

Fun in the sun and then some

I've been swamped with work this week. The usual development activities, a load of quality related meetings, and tasks for our project summer outing. Friday was no different. Lots of eye rolling for a few things I was not in agreement with. Then a call to come up with a test metric we were going to whip up out of thin air. More eye rolling.

Things started looking up when Pesem gave me a call, saying he was at the 3rd floor, ready to leave. Mike and I met up there and we went to Powerplant Mall for dinner. The line in Pepper Lunch wasn't so long. I had the beef and burger combo. Then we did a little shopping... Mike bought a pair of super nice Sanuk sandals. And he vehemently urged me to get a pair myself. Afterall, "Minsan ka lang makahanap ng shoes na size mo noh." (You don't often find shoes your size). They are super comfy (I tried a couple on). Need to pay my bills first though.

Then we met up with Cel, JP, and Yas (sans Mike) to watch Kung Fu Panda. In a word... HILARIOUS. Laugh trip for almost two hours. I heart Po.

After the movie, I went back to Cybergate to do a couple of last minute outing stuff. Went back home to Paranaque, packed, took a bath, and then drove back to the office (on the road, I realized I left my digicam at home, and it was too late to come back for it) to work on the friggin test metric. Before we knew it, it was time to get on the bus.

Things were mostly a blur from there. I was dozing off occasionally on the bus. The bus driver seemed a little dazed himself.




When we finally arrived at the Waterfront resort a little past ten. It wasn't Fontana, but I think I had such low expectations that when I finally saw the place, I said under my breath, "It's not that bad."

The day's highlights...

** Our modified Bring Me over lunch - Mark A. won "pinakamaputing siko".



** Boating, Pawikan Sighting, and Swimming with Focus Peeps! We all rode a small bangka and roamed around the surrounding beaches for two hours. I have to thank Grouchy for convincing me to bring my swimwear. It was fun to share some bonding time with my projectmates and take pictures. I am geneally afraid of animals, so I just took pictures with people holding the turtles. Jacq wore a life vest even though the water was just waist-deep. And because I didn't really feel comfortable with my feet touching the rocky beach floor, I put on a life vest too.









** Street Games at sun down - The peeps played sand castle making, patintero and water balloon dodge ball. My favorite real-life Panda, Ceasar, was uber competitive and had accidentally rolled around the floor. He looked like a messy 8 year old who spent a day in the sandbox. Laughs all around.




** Pictorials with Alec and the Focus girls. Alec is a great subject. And the other Focus girls? Excellent actresses and models. Haha. I love directing in general.












** Poker Night with Melvin, Ceasar, Jay, Jing, and Lloyd. I lost though.




** Other pics...








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home