Sunday, June 01, 2008

the weekend that was

I'm quite pleased that for the past few weekends, I've been hanging out with my favorite girls from Agana, Camille, Ina, and Ate Love. This is my second sleep over in a month! Hehe! I picked up the girls late Saturday afternoon and we went around Alabang for a couple of errands. They helped me pick out the tiles for my new bathroom at Wilcon Home Depot. We also swung by Alabang Home Depot to make a downpayment on the girls' sofa beds. Oh. And by the way. Baby girl Camilley has braces now!



I was quite hungry, so I pretty excited to eat at Zong. Since my trip to Singapore, I've been craving for Chinese food. I happily ate the pan friend chicken encrusted in salted egg (otherwise known as balut chicken). The girls were happy with their sweet and sour pork. Of course, I had my beer moment. Downed all the yummy chinese food with a bottle of San Mig Light.




After dinner, we had dessert at UCC Cafe, across the street from Zong. I debriefed the girls about Sex and the City, as they were watching it the day after. Back at home, we saw about four episodes of That 70's show before hitting the sack. My favorite episode was when Kelso got all glammed up (in make up and all), as inspired by David Bowie.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the girls' home. Ate Love has a great style. Here's Ina's desk and shelves. And here's her closet too. I want something like this in my room! I've recruited Ate Love's interior decorating services.




The following morning, the girls were headed off to Greenbelt to see their movie. Ina came down the stairs, wearing this Blair-from-Gossip-Girl inspired outfit. She looked so cute and fashionable that I couldn't resist taking this picture! Waaaah... She's all grown up.



We have another weekend of togetherness planned in the near future. This time, Tita Alda, Tito Mar, and Yssa will be joining us! Yipee!

The weekend has been pretty good. Laid back, lots of eating, slightly busy afternoons.

Today, I was pleasantly surprised by Grouchy's SMS, asking about my plans for today. I ended up having merienda with her and fiance Al at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf at Greenhills! It was well worth the trip! Al's a really nice guy who can give me a run for my money in terms of being chatty and energetic. And he is cute, although Grouchy keeps insisting he is otherwise. I had a ball listening to all his stalking stories and seeing the countless times Grouchy would playfully pinch him for his side comments. Soooo cute.

Seeing someone finally ending up with the love of his or her life (after all the starts and stops, as Peter Cetera sings) puts a smile to my face. And meeting a guy who is willing to do everything for you (and has the creative juices to come up with these elaborate production number of romantic gestures) is worth smiling about.

It's just nice to see Grouchy smiling from ear to ear (not frowning over work). That's really how it should be everyday.

Now I wish I took pictures!! I had my camera with me the whole time. Perhaps I became too wrapped up listening to Al's often hilarious stories of his stalking past.

I remember what Carrie said in SATC: “Some love stories aren’t epic novels – some are short stories. But that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” I guess everyone will have their own love stories. And irregardless of how it starts, the climax, the conflicts, the ending (happy or sad), they're still stories. Worth sharing and filled with life lessons. I really enjoy hearing and witnessing these love stories. It's never the same.

Oh. This weekend has also got me thinking about goals. I don't think I set any goals for this year (unlike last year). Losing my starbucks planner is not helping me either (in organizing my personal and work schedule). I need to get a new one to keep track of stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home