Monday, June 16, 2008

[Music from the Baul] High

Pleasant surprises from MP3s which have been in my iPod for more than a year. James Blunt's uber popular song, "You're Beautiful" is a little too cheesy for my taste. I heard this other song (lyrics and video below) in the movie "It's a Guy/Girl Thing" (which isn't as fun as "Freaky Friday", or as enjoyable as "The Girl Next Door") and it's pretty good. And most of the songs from his album "Back to Bedlam" are pretty nice too.


High
By James Blunt

Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me.
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again.
Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night.
But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again.
Do you remember the day when my journey began?
Will you remember the end (of time)?
Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again.
Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine.
High; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me.

Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
Getting high; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home