Sunday, July 06, 2008

Random Thoughts on the Treadmill

Saturday lunch time, I was feeling a little guilty abour not engaging in any physical activity for the week. My sore knees, busy scheduule, and slight fever, hindered me from doing anything. I'm glad I feel better. So I got on the treadmill to see how fast I can finish 3km. The record.... 42 minutes. Deng. I know I can do so much better.

Anyway, so I spent that long a time, listening to the Mizuno 5K playlist on my iPod, on the treadmill. There were a couple of things I started to think about...

** I realized, just recently, how I like to do certain things at my own pace. Running, eating, working, being sure of something. I dislike the feeling of being rushed. There are times though, when I realize that "my pace" needs adjusting. Hehe. Rare times. Haha.

** Sometimes I wonder if I've "taken my time" too much, and if the moment has passed me by. Some things are clearer and more obvious in retrospect. Some things are different now. Some dynamics have changed. I recall what Sandra Bullock said from the movie "The Lake House". Something about Jane Austen's novel, "Persuasion." The characters in that book wonder if too much time has passed. Oh well. As cliche as it sounds, time will tell. Eventually.

** My top three favorite things about running... (1) Seeing my sweaty clothes afterwards! Proof that I did break a sweat. (2) I like the color of my cheeks too. Proof that my heart still works and blood is circulating well. (3) Realizing that I need to quit certain things to make my running record better. I used to think I'd only do such a thing only if someone special asks me to. Haha. It's good to actually be doing it for yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home