Saturday, July 05, 2008

[Joy in the Little Things] July 5, 2008

First joy entry of the month.

** Laughter-filled conversation with Maan on a busy Friday afternoon. July 5th's my besties' beeday, and so I gave her a call. She was on her way to a club. It's always great fun talking to her. Karina and I miss her terribly. Especially how she manages to ask the most awkward (yet juicy) questions. I've an upcoming entry especially for the beeday girl.

** Fun partey with the Tanqs last night! Tito Boy's 60th birthday was a blast. Dancing, singing, eating, and boozing. Haha. I had two cans of San Mig light and a glass of sparking white wine. Mark dozed off on the drive home (as expected), while Tonton kept me company. It was so nice to see Marjorie, new mommy. And soon to be mommies Ate Abi and Pia proudly showed off their baby bumps. It was also nice to see my cousin Sheryl (my oldest friend ever), with a really nice guy. Family picture, Miong? Haha.






** Chicken Kiev from Chocolate Kiss. One of UP's best places to visit. The beacon of UP Bahay ng Alumni. Hehe. I treated Tonton and Yssang to a filling merienda/dinner after our wedding meeting with Rap and Lanie. The drive (Tonton was driver for the day) was well-worth it, from the looks of his satisfied face.



** Excitement over house renovations. This week we gave a lot of review points to the contractor and architect of the house. And today, when I visited the work in progress, I was pleased to see that they've carried out some of the things we talked about. They took out that arch going to the kitchen and it looks more spacious now! I now feel genuinely excited about the house! Apart from my room (which will be modern and fab of course), I'm excited about the kitchen! Our inspiration is Ate Love's super nice kitchen!



** Small, "wala-lang" visit. A simple "HI, just seeing how you're doing" goes a long way. Kinda made my day last Friday (uh... apart from the 2 cans of San Mig light).

** Bibay's SMS today about being O.C. at her cousin's wedding. She and I actually go a long way with all our wedding gigs. It's just good to know that the standard we've set for ourselves (for the weddings we do), is actually pretty good. I'm excited because we have a wedding on the 19th of July. 300 guests!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home