Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Different Friday

Unlike the past few Fridays, I spent this evening training for this Sunday's marathon. A couple of us went to Boni High Street (just as we had last Monday). I did about 4 rounds (approximately 4.8 km). Two of which I spent chit chatting with Jewel. The last two, I ran a couple of times. I didn't really want to strain my already sore left knee, so I stopped after the fourth round. After the run, we had dinner at Oliver's Super Sandwiches. It was just the right "busog" (fullness). For dessert, Mike and I ranted about the latest happenings in the office. We've both been uber preoccupied with our own work stuff that we haven't been able to chat throughout the week.

Earlier that day, I met with Khalid. it's been about three years since I last sat down with him to just talk. He's happily married, a doting (can you imagine this Johnny Delgado look-alike DOTE?) father of two. He said he's generally quick tempered, but he just can't get mad at his son. Anyway, before "business", we caught up. He asked the right questions, and I was able to share with him my current quasi dilemmas. He gave practical advice, and of course, he had to inject his trademark bulilit hirits.

Anyway, a few other random thoughts from these past few days...

** Karina accompanied me to dinner (she didn't have anything to eat) last Thursday. I was sort of a sporadic thing. I had dinner at Alexa's Deli. We started planning our niHao_2008 trip this October, and I'm uber excited! I do wish Maan were here though to join us. =( But she's in land of the free (and the home of the brave). I know the next three months will be quite difficult (work-wise), and this October trip is the silver lining. Can't wait!

** Another trip in the works. Thanks to PAL's domestic flights promo. Irene will be in Manila late July to mid-August, and she wants to go the beach. Sounded like an answered prayer (considering I had just posted Sting's "Love is the Seventh Wave" a few days ago). Now if everything goes according to plan, this trip will then be a fulfillment of my life long dream of.... Triple Sharing! Haha! Schmenten = Scorer. Ahlavet.

** Who would have thought I'd ever join the marathon? Not moi. I like badmin, I like boxing. But me no likey running (before)! Not at all. These short legs are responsible for my short strides (and the frustration of most people I walk with). I guess it helps that my projectmates have taken an interest in it as well. Doing group sports is certainly more fun that doing things on your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home