Monday, June 30, 2008

[Focus Health and Wellness] Mizuno Fun Run

Last Sunday was a momentous day indeed. It marked the day when I completed a 5KM fun run! A first in the Schmenten book o' records. Yipee!

The day before, Grouchy and Pesem were dissing me for my early retirement from our Saturday shopping day. I hit the sack a little past ten, still full from my sisig+rice dinner.

I got up very early Sunday morning (around 445am) to prepare my things. I arrived at the Fort, where the Mizuno Fun Run was held, at around 530am. The line to the B1 Boni High Street Parking Lot was pretty long, and it was exciting to see so many race participants. I met with my projectmates, Mark A, Mark F, France, Diana, Angelo (who started ahead of us in the 15K race), Paul, Jewel, Rey, and Mike. We did some stretching and just before we sped off, Ceasar arrived and took our pictures.



Ceasar (a.k.a. Kung Fu Panda) eagerly stood by the Finish Line.



We trained twice this week, and that really gave me the confidence that I could finish 5 km. I was quite apprehensive about my knee (which Angelo suggests is attributed to my weight, haha). It's been feeling off since Monday last week, and it hasn't felt "normal" since.

Anyway, what I did not anticipate was the uphill jog to McKinley Hill. But then all throughout the race, I simply paced myself. I didn't want to exert too much effort. I knew I still had the home stretch to go. I was super thankful for my iPod and the songs I chose for the race. My goal really, was to finish the race and NOT to finish last.

I saw some of my projectmates who were on their way back to the finish line, but I wasn't frazzled. I was talking to my brothers about this yesterday and they vehemently agreed that I kept my own pace, irregardless. Haha.

Mark F. finished first! 30 deng minutes! He's as fast as a horse! Haha. Here are our other project mates, making their way to the finish line (in order of arrival):








As expected, I finished last! Haha. It felt so good to see the Finish line and to have that sense of accomplishment upon running across it.



Angelo finished is 15K a little after I arrived. Wow. What a feat.




After the race, we all got our certificates and headed straight to Pancake House in the new Anson's building (across Landmark). You gotta love eating after a race! I ordered a spanish omelette, french toast, and a side order of bacon! Haha! Wolfed it down quickly too! Everyone was also in a good eating mood!






Then we all broke into groups. Mike and I brought some of the peeps to the MRT station and everyone was on their way home. Unfortunately, Mike had a really bad experience on the road, on his way home. See the aftermath in his blog. I'm just glad nothing happened to him.

Next run sched... One LaSalle Run, this mid-July. Whoppee! More training days in store in the coming weeks.

Here are the official race results. I am numero 321 out of 339. Haha. Not so shabby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home