Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Lakwatsa Number Uno: Serendra with Maila

Maila claims that I owe her a night out because I didn't meet up with her last Friday. So I happily obliged to meet up with her today. She had the entire itinerary planned! She just needed me to say yes. Haha.

The last time I saw Maila was about a year ago, just before Chae left for the U.S. Seeing her again now, a year later, was just the breath of fresh air I needed. We had dinner at Italianni's Serendra. Started with the complimentary foccacia bread, then the Sicilian Salad, then the Seafood chopino pasta, then to dessert (Tiramisu and two cups of decaf brewed coffee). The chatter was just non-stop! We jumped from one topic to another!



Then she asked if I wanted to check out Magnet, which is famous for its Rockaoke (Rock + Karaoke) nights.



Tom's sister, Chia, and her friends were there. We actually spent a good hour just listening to the first set of singers! There were a couple of good ones (Chia of course!), and a couple of entertaining ones. Haha.



I have to admire the guts of these peeps to go up on stage and channel their inner rockstars. I did find myself cringing a couple of times though. This girl sang, or rather recited "Mr. Brightside", a Killers classic. The crowd was pretty hip! A nice fiesta for my eyes. Haha.

Gosh, I've missed Mailer, and all the crazy things we used to do as teammates. I remember the managers who kept sushing us for being too noisy. My usual comeback to that was, "Pasensya na kung masyado kaming masaya ah!" (which loosely translates to, "We apologize for being our usual happy selves")




Mailer and I were in agreement that Mark O. should visit Magnet and give the audience a run for their money with his rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody". He'll bring the house down! Haha.

We had a lot of good times in our old project. I miss ERP5!

Thanks for the fab fab evening Maila! Next on our social calendar is a play date with Alexi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home