Monday, November 10, 2008

Schmenten's Extended Beeday Weekend

Having my birthday so close to the weekend had its advantages. My beeday celebration stretched to Sunday. Greetings and lamon abound.

Friday was a slew of meetings. I don't think I can even clearly recall the productive work we did that day. Oh! We had our usual Friday ice breaker and taco bar! In the evening, Mike and I went to Powerplant to see Quantum of Solace. He was quick to point out that I had more food today than him. Ok. So I finished my 1 cup of rice over lunch. Big deal. The Bistek Tagalog was good, and I was hungry. So what if I had two tacos... and a Big Chill shake... and a hotdog.... Haha. Ok. So I did have a lot to eat.

Anyway! The movie wasn't until 9, so we walked around the mall. Mike got this nice shirt at M&S (his favorite store) and almost tried out a Dan Humphrey shirt. Haha. Quantum of Solace was pretty good. And Daniel Craig was bigger than ever. Well, from our vantage point of row A, he most certainly was!

Saturday was all-family weekend! I met up with my weekend girls! Ina, Iris, and Ate Love, at Circles, where we had my celebratory beeday lunch. Ate Love shared her dietary plight. I felt sad for her, as I munched on food she wasn't allowed to eat. Lunch was excellent! Camille recommended the penne in white sauce which was good. I had lamb with mint jelly. And for dessert, we tried the white wine jelly with strawberries. It was delish! Mental note to self: Try recreating this dessert for Christmas!

After lunch (and a lot of playful teasing), we went to Greenbelt for Madagascar 2. It was fun! loved the penguins, Alex, Marty, Gloria, and Melman. All of who we also saw up close! Row A, yet again. After the movie, we all decided to hear the 6pm mass at the Greenbelt Chapel. I was pleasantly surprised when at the end of the mass, the priest asked all the beeday celebrants and those celebrating their wedding anniversaries, approach the altar for blessing! Cool.

The girls and I parted so I went around the mall, killing time. Since it was my beeday, I decided to wear the black dress I bought a few weeks ago. I got these nice flat black flip flops at Mphosis. I was texting with Issang, and we ended up meeting and going home together.

So preps for the evening inuman began. I took a shower, wore my dress, and drove to Tides for my family inuman!

Some of the usual cast of characters were there, but there were also special guests! Mitchie drove all the way from Eastwood! The kurims of course, ever present. The Maligayas (Milet and Paolo). Ate Love, Ina, and Iris. Bebet. Mark G., Issang, Rommel and Jean. Tita Marison, and then late in the evening, Tita Alda, Tito Mar, and Yssa! Red tide, mojitos, nachos, BBQ, and hotdogs around... We finished up at around 2-ish, I think. I wasn't completely wasted. Haha. I had to restrain myself a little because I was driving home.

Sunday we all got up earlier than planned because of Mama's chatter. We went to Tondo around lunch time for Sophia Esguerra's baptism. More lamon of course, but I was half asleep. Too tired from the evening before. After the party, we did a couple more house errands. Dinner at Thousand Cranes Shabu-Shabu. Then Quantum of Solace for the second time, with the family's biggest James Bond fan (my Papa).

I was quite exhausted from the tiring weekend that I didn't have the energy to get out of bed Monday morning. Too pooped.

*Sigh* Gone are the days when it's almost effortless to get out of bed early despite the late night partying.

Pics of our weekend celebs to be posted soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home