Thursday, November 06, 2008

Good Day

Not so good days come with good days. Today was indeed a good day. And the New Radicals song playing as I am typing ,"Get What You Give", is a nice soundtrack to my day (if there was one).

The day started with breakfast. Pesem and Mike accompanied me to McDo for my Longga meal. A great breakfast certainly puts me in a better disposition. Hehe. The longganisa was perfect with Angelo's uber spicy vinegar. Yum. Our Execs meeting over lunch was informative and productive. It ran longer than usual, but in the end, we were able to talk about several things.

I had a nice mental break when I met up with my brother to talk about light fixtures for the house. The outdoor kind. We talked about it over dessert (I was late for lunch!), exchanging a few stories and commentaries here and there. The caffeine that accompanied the non-work related conversation was the boost I needed for my remaining tasks for the day.

Emails here and there. And just before 7, Mike, Pesem, and I left the office and traversed EDSA. To meet up with Madam soon-to-be-Locnen Grouchy. Haha. Because of her excellent directions, we didn't get lost and we found ourselves on her doorstep.

We drove to this Thai resto along Banawe and we were just ravenous. Tom Yam Goong was excellent. So was the Bagoong Rice, Beef with basil, catfish salad, among the other thai dishes we ordered. We had coffee afterwards at Figaro, laughing at our silly booboos and work.

Overall, it was a pretty good day! Also got news about a good friend's engagement! Moie and Tuts! They're one of my favorite couples around and I'm just ecstatic that they will soon be Mr. and Mrs. Panga.

I'm just very happy with people interaction. Perhaps one of the reasons I've stayed sane after all these years of working in an IT company is the conscious effort to have some socializing time within and outside of work. Laughing and endorphins are stress busters, I tell you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home