Monday, January 05, 2009

Post Mortem

It's 12:31am, and I have to be at work in a couple of hours. I can't help but dread going back to the office. It's been so nice here at home these past few days. I've grown accustomed to my not so springy bed and my ultra soft pillows. I'm still sorting a lot of my stuff. I'm trying to keep my organizing mojo. Quite honestly, I'm wishing I could get a week of holiday extension to finish up on house stuff, to lounge around some more, and to enjoy our new home.

The holidays have been pretty hectic. One party or celebratory meal after another. Two holiday highlights for me. Uno, Jologzbitchin reunion. Dos, settling in our renovated home.

Kars, Maan, and I tried our very best to make up for the three years of being physically apart. We've had our heartiest laughs of the year in Bora, and we hung out at the Mina's Waling Waling home until 4 AM. Good times. Great times! No teary goodbyes though because Maan will be returning in May. Yay!

Despite a few major defects, we finally moved in the renovated house a few days before Christmas. My brothers and I have been sleeping in our new rooms a week before the parental units moved in. I got purchase-happy for a few weeks. I got new pillows, new sheets, welcome rugs, jars, and a whole lot of stuff for the kitchen. I look around my room with a satisfied grin. This is exactly what I wanted, and my bathroom rocks! Haha. I can't help but smile and be pleased when visitors say they like how the house looks.

I've been the delinquent blogger, I've got to admit. I need to set aside some time to just write about what happened over the holidays. So post-Christmas Day, a few other things happened...

** Jologzbitchin hit the beach! The Minas and the Del Rosarios take on Bora and it was just bonggang-bongga! It seems like a dream right now though, like it never happened! Highlights... the best hotel ever (Le Soleil), kwentuhan in the morning at the hotel room, lounging in front of the beach and having lunch by the beach, Fish bar dinner, Hey Jude, Hey Jude's Jude, Bom Bom's, Juice Bar, Discovery Shores (We're in Room 1!), Maan forgetting her eTicket at the hotel, Macky forgetting his shorts at the hotel, and our funny encounter with a drunken batch mate from college to cap off our last night in Bora. Sweet. Oh. And sleeveless galore. Love it!



** Hanging out at UCC after Bora, just us girls. Hanging out at Miss Desserts with Mau.

** Hanging out at Waling-Waling till 4AM. Reminiscing about college, family talks, and other topics. The time just flew.

** Dampa lunch! The family celebrated Issang's 24th birthday Issang-style. With gastronomic satisfaction.

** New Year celebrations at home. Happy that we have a working oven! I attempted the baked salmon dish from Conti's. This time, I used Cream Dory. Sauce-a-palooza. Thank heavens for Mom's electric chopper, and Issang's perseverance with grating cheese! Quickmelt and otherwise. Lola and Tita Marison welcomed 2009 with us. And I was just happy sleeping in my bed, with my arms sprawled.

** Geocaniga reunion here at home.

** Cutting my hair short. Bye fly away hair.

I can't say I felt the Holidays this year. We've been too preoccupied with settling in the house and JB reunions to notice Christmas and New Year's.

I haven't had the chance to reflect on 2008 in detail either. But this I will say. It was an awesome year. One for the books. A year of travel, reuniting with old friends, and just going with the flow. So I said goodbye to 2008 with memories of places I visited, an empty wallet, and stronger friendships. I'm a little apprehensive of what 2009 has in store for me. I want it to be a good year again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home