Wednesday, December 10, 2008

[Joy in the Little Things] December 10, 2008

Seems appropriate to have a "Joy" entry after this very long day (I've been having more long (and not so great) days lately. Anyway. To highlight the positive... :-)

(1) SMS Messages, Twilight jokes:
From Bibay: Anong theme song ng Twilight? Eh di DISTURBIA. Bakit? Kasi... BAM BAM PIRA. BAM BAM PIRARA
From Issang: "Ano ba yang Twilight n yan! Napakaunrealistic... Bampira? Hello?? Meron ba nun?" ....... - Harry Potter. Bitter! hahaha.

(2) A walk to clear my head.
I arrived at the condo a little past 9 and I wanted to walk around. I couldn't exactly run because of my asthma. So I walked around Salcedo Village. It was good!

(3) Convos with Mama and Papa.
I love my family. I have a heavy heart today. It came with becoming emotionally invested in work and in the people I work with. Anyway, I've been talking to Mike the whole day about it (Joy (4)), but I wasn't sure if I wanted to give it more airtime with other people. While walking back to the condo, I called Papa to ask about getting Mama's Kitchen cookies from Arevalo IloIlo (my Christmas gift to a few folks) and we just chatted. Back in the condo, I called home and spoke with Mama. We talked about the house, friends and special special friends, family stuff, and their upcoming Cebu trip. I didn't really vent, but it just felt nice to be distracted and not think about other things.

(4) Venting with Mike
It's nice to have someone from work to talk to about these things, uncensored and in all honesty. Thanks for putting up with my "mataray" spells. I need to learn how not to be too invested in work. Deng. How do you do it Muymuy?

(5) The promise of the weekend
I can't wait for the long Christmas break. This weekend's just as good. We have a charity thing planned, so I'm looking forward to that. And our beds! Our new beds will be arriving this Friday, Mama said. House blessing this Sunday too. So things are certainly looking up.

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parang teenager yung nagsusulat sa blog na 'to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home