Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My Extraordinary weekend


It was extraordinary, not your average, everyday same cycle... hehe! Take that Liz Phair!

It began with a shopping filled Friday. Topshop tops my shopping meccas. I just had to get my hands on those Moto capri pants! Talk about excited, right after office hours, I changed into them. The pair easily eased into their softer mode a few hours after. We met with Allan at Cafe Bola for dinner and marveled over this XDA2 Pocket PC slash cellphone. Change location to South Bay alabang a few hours after when I picked Karina up from her office partey. A Messianic mission which concluded at Cafe Francias BF Homes! Thanks much Figsters for the ham and cheese crepe with maple syrup, and creme of tomato soup!

Saturday was the partey-day of the week! Of course, the weekend was teed off by the viewing of 2 movies, the latest addition to our growing DVD collection. The Girl Next Door was an Elisha Cuthbert infomercial! An awfully cute movie! I liked the songs they used. Next up was Bend it Like Beckham. Suckers for Soccer will love this movie. Anyway, back to the partey- track. First partey was Camille's beeday party. Her 9th bday party!! How time flies, I frequently told myself that Saturday afternoon. Intermission: heard the 630 pm mass with Karina. Then we went to Pricesmart to get the Artic Melon and Mudslide bottles.

Tita Marison's party was the bomb! eyeToy and Videoke everywhere!! I was the "tagay" maiden of the evening. Artic Melon was the big hit of the evening! And oh my!!! First time ever that I got tipsy at home! The results: flushed cheeks and the American-Idol singing drive! Haha! Hogging the mic was more like it! I belted my heart out to Whitney Houston's "I wanna dance with somebody". Take note : No falsetos! It was like open mic night at some wholesome bar! It was great actually!

I Wanna Dance With Somebody


Clocks strikes upon the hour
And the sun begins to fade
Still enough time to figure out
How to chase my blues away
I've done alright up 'til now
It's the light of day that shows me how
And when the night falls loneliness calls

Chorus:
Oh! Wanna dance with somebody
I wanna feel the heat with somebody
Yeah! Wanna dance with somebody
With somebody who loves me

I've been in love and lost my senses
Spinning through the town
Soon or later the fever ends
And I wind up feeling down
I need a man who'll take a chance
On a love that burns hot enough to last
So when the night falls
My lonely heart calls

We ended the evening with the classic, "That's what friends are for". I think I was too tipsy to shed a tear along with my nostalgic aunts who are arm-in-arm.

Anyway... Wish there could be more weekends like that!! It was awesome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home