Sunday, September 10, 2006

Ben Folds Weekend!

Friday was a crazy day at the office. So crazy that we were all playing with a small soccer ball and doing the Adonis pose (all choreographed by Angelo). We left the office at eleven, kind of exhausted and famished.



After grabbing a slice of pizza for dinner, we met up with Arcy and Val. After a quick chat about the latest with the other project, Mike called it a night. Arcy, Val, and I went to V Bar for one round of drinks. Arcy and I both had a Cosmopolitan. I slept over the De Yao-Gomez palazzio Friday night! Thanks girls!



Saturday was Ben Folds day!! We were lucky to get tickets last Thursday. I admit, I just wanted to watch something in the Opera House. But wow!! This is by far one of the best concerts I've been to. Ever!



Our tickets were half-priced and we sat behind the Sydney Symphony.



The concert hall wasn't big at all. It had a great intimate feel, and I don't think there's a bad seat in the hall.



Row D was pretty close to where the percussion section was. We could see the members of the Sydney Symphony leafing through their music sheets.



Ben Folds was amazing!!! He sang "Brick" of course. He played the piano like there was no tomorrow. And he was equally entertaining! We were surprised that was funny! He looked so serious on the poster! He mimicked his "geeky" high school self one time, pushing his glasses from slipping down the bridge of his nose... Hmm... sounds like someone I know...



I think my favorite Ben Folds performance was "Still Fighting It", a song he made for his son. It was such a nice, sweet, and sad song. I think I was a little teary when it ended! The Sydney Symphony was just amazing too! I appreciate classical music and well... it was just a great fusion of alternative and classical music.



Mike and I were just happy Ben Folds-converts after the concert. Sulit ang 50 AUD!



Of course, Mr. San Juan could not resist making a funny face.



After the concert, we had dinner at Baia in Darling Harbour. It was still raining, so the hem of my jeans was pretty soaked! But the resto kept us warm. We just had to order the potato wedges with cream cheese and sweet and sour sauce (one of our greatest culinary discoveries!). Food was ok. However, our Pony restaurant dinner two nights before, is still the best meal we've ever had.



Sunday was a slow, rainy day. I made beef teriyaki for lunch and for the girls, Nieva and Arcy. We had banana split for dessert! Lots of packing action in the afternoon and some last minute shopping.

I've been chatting with Maan for the past two hours! We are missing the JB togetherness!

I still have my suitcase which needs packing! I can't believe six weeks have passed. Time flies when you're having fun. =) But I do look forward to coming back to Manila. I miss my family and my friends.

Hmm... I might do a Top 10 Sydney experiences list as well... =) Maybe when I'm done packing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home