Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Three in Aussie

While the Tanquilut clan merrily celebrated Lola's birthday, I was making the most of my third Aussie weekend.

Last Friday, Mike and I met up with the Reitz peeps in Darling Harbour to celebrate Arcy's 23rd birthday. Minus the Boat Show, Darling Harbour looked pretty nice that evening.



Arcy was quite pleased with the surprise bouquet of flowers (sans the red ribbon) which we gave her.



We later went to V-Bar (in Pitt street) for some drinks. Here's Val and his crazy-eyed picture.



Saturday was shopping day! We went to the DFO Outlet in Strathfield and shopped to our hearts content (and our wallet's discontent). Bring out the credit cards!



Coincidentally, Mike and I had the same colored shirts. Green team!



That evening was part 2 of Arcy's birthday celebration. Clayton and the guys organized a surprise beeday party for their beloved teammate. On the menu that evening was Pininyahang Manok (disguised as Baked Chicken), Sinigang, and Stir-fried veggies. Sabi nga ni Arcy, "Grabe. Nahawakan ako."



We sang our hearts out after dinner in the Videoke place (Red Box) across the street.

Sunday was Hunter Valley Day! And I must say. This trip is hands down the most "sulit" trip of them all. Haha! We visited three vineyards and sampled their awesome awesome red, white, and dessert wine. First vineyard on the list was Mount Pleasant:



Lunch was just wonderful! We had the steak (para sulit!) and on the table were four wine glasses with 4 kinds of wine. Among them... Shiraz, Merlot, and Chardonnay. Of course, not a drop wasted!





Next was McGuigan Cellars... where we sampled about 10 different kinds of wine.





I think my super red ears were an easy indication that I was thoroughly enjoying myself! Wine is now officially my best friend!

Hunter Cellars was our last stop. We sampled about 2 glasses I think. We just had merienda and took pictures of the Alabang Town Center-esque place.





Sunday evening I think I was just too beat from all our weekend activities. But all's good! I was still able to help Arcy and Nieva with their spaghetti (with criss-cross cheese!). But when I got home, it didn't take a long time before I was officially out and snoozing the night away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home