Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada!



My first movie in six weeks (almost seven!)! And it was well worth the wait. I felt like I was watching an issue of Vogue or In Style! It is a chick flick... or a fashionista flick. Meryl Streep is absolutely wonderful as Miranda Priestly, vicious editor-in-chief of Runway magazine. She was ice cold, driven, and wow! Just plain fabulous in all her outfits, accessories and bags! Keysi and I enjoyed the following memorable lines... "6 is the new 14", "It's no fair though, I mean you eat carbs!", and " I'm on this new diet for Paris. I don't eat anything... and then when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese." The movie is really about career choices we make... Work and personal life balance. Core values time! Hehe! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it... and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

It felt real nice to watch a movie after more than a month of movie haitus. We did catch one trailer, the one with Leo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, and Mark Wahlberg. Hope that's a good one!

Work today is... work. Hehehe. I'm still very apprehensive about testing and our project. Got some large shoes to fill. And very tiny feet.

I'm glad for the weekend. Planning to see my girls (Ina and Iris) tomorrow after their gymnastics class. After dinner partey with Macky, Bibay, and Karina. I'm sure I'll be laughing the evening through. I was just telling Keysi about the joy of being with the kids (although mga dalagitas na sila, I refuse to believe they're not babies anymore). They say the darnest things. I hope they're free for some play time tomorrow. Ate Love told me that Ina has seen the Devil Wears Prada twice! Hehe.

Mental note to self.... finish my Sydney top 11 this weekend... while it's still fresh. I'm still missing Sydney very very much. =( This morning, while watching one of 'em local morning shows, they were flashing the temperature in different cities in the world, and when 'Sydney' scrolled across the screen, I was a little sad. Hehe. But well. Happy for the memories and fun experiences.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger rotsss said...

sobrang napa-shriek ako nung nilabas yung marc jacobs na bag "miranda didn't want it anymore". hahahaha. at nung naka-fendi spy si whatsername...that girl the cube of cheese diet. hahaha. puchang bags yan bwechet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home