Monday, January 29, 2007

A Weekend of Some Firsts

Alas... I was too busy last weekend to blog. Haha. Imagine that. The weekend was good. Action packed. Some firsts and some seconds...

Weekend Firsts...


Encounters with Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd! I am now joining the Grey's Anatomy band wagon. But I am waay wayyy behind. I'm on my seventh episode of Season 1, I think. Patrick Dempsey... Oh my. What a dream boat. Now I know why they call him "McDreamy"!

My first Sudoku Puzzle!! Finally! I was able to complete my first ever Sudoku puzzle. It feels deng good! Haha! Although, it's a puzzle I got from Thursday's newspaper. It wasn't was hard as the Sudoku puzzles we have at home. But it feels nice to finally accomplish something (Sudoku-wise).

Inside the Manila Polo Club ... My first time inside the Polo club. I met up with Jason and Cathy to talk about their wedding this Friday. Yours truly will be in charge of the activity area (pre-cocktails). I won't be able to go to the ceremony to see Cathy walk down the aisle. This will be the first CafPpl wedding. Wow. We're old.

Making a speech for Camille... I spent most of Saturday evening hanging out at Camille and Ina's house. Ina was glued to the TV watching Princess Hours, while Camille and I had a lot of quality time making her speech and taking wacky pictures with my laptop's photo booth. The speech can still be improved. Hehe. How do you infuse humor and politics in a speech for a Grade 6 audience?? Tis quite a challenge.

Weekend in Paranaque with now Makati girl, Karina... Oh yes. My very first weekend in Paranaque without Karina in her Barcelona street home. :( It kinda makes me sad that those spur-of-the-moment gimiks in the south will cease to be. Well, we can extend "the south" to include Makati.

TSI Accenture Saturday... I'm afraid I'm turning into an Accenture geek. I spent the entire Saturday in Libran, doing TSIs. Haha! Good fun though. Sandy, Beege, Mowie, Barre, Mel, and Dan were there. The hours flew by rather quickly. Quite a productive day, I'd say.

Weekend Seconds...


Lunch at Heat with El Pamilya...Mama and Papa's 28th wedding anniversary and we all had lunch at Heat (Edsa Shangri-La). My second time in this establishment! Tonton's "sira ulo" comments while he was wolfing down the peking duck and the cold rock ice cream were golden! Rommel joined us and asked for more allowance. Haha! It was nice to have everyone together.

License Renewal on my own... I had my new license for a split second before the police took it again. Deng. It hasn't even cooled from the lamination! Entirely my fault and I am so so so so thankful for my super understanding parents. Sowee 'bout your X-Trail pops!

My second and third Paulo Coehlo books... I was in Powerplant with Tonton and Mark yesterday and I couldn't decide which Paulo Coehlo book I wanted to read next. It was a toss between "Veronika Decides to Die" and "By the River Piedra..." Of course, if you know me well enough, you'd be able to predict what I did when I couldn't decide. Get both! Haha! I started reading "By the River Piedra..." last night. Dozed off (because I was tired). But I do recall a lot of very great words from Mr. Coehlo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home