Thursday, April 05, 2007

Long Weekend Ahead

Holy Week is here and the Philippine public is most probably gallivanting around and outside the metro. As for yours truly, I am spending one of the five holidays here in the office. But it's actually not so bad. I'm stuffed with Jolly Spaghetti and Chicken Joy. Most of my projectmates are going on a teasing spree, cajoling Chad, our manager to reveal his age. I think the Jollibee goodies might have something extra. We're all in a pretty good mood.

Ate Abi will be picking me up in the next hour or so and we're going to Pampanga, where we'll be spending two nights and three days. I took this picture of the house about two years ago. I've freed up some of my SD card's memory, anticipating the shutter fest. I'm looking forward to the usual Holy Week highlights... The Guagua longganisa which goes well with rice and pandesal. Tita Guste's sinigang sa bayabas. Ang kakulitan ng mga Kurims (a.k.a. The Tondo Boys Pau and Edric). The late night card games. Mga takas na inuman. The two hour non-stop kwentuhan with Mitchie, probably my oldest friend ever (she's my cousin). Haaay... I hope this weekend will result to a couple of long blog entries.

Random Thoughts...

** I watched AI6 in full-length yesterday (while Papa was distracting me in between commercial breaks and performances). I miss the excitement from last season. I'm still rooting for Blake. Ok... and maybe Chris (if and when he quits trying to be like Justin Timberlake).

** Surfing the net (expedia.com and travelocity.com) for Mom and Pop's Vancouver accomodations and touring. Garsh. All the surfing and careful considerations are making me want to go somewhere really, really far this October. Keysi and I are postponing our original travel plans to April of next year. We do want to return to our motherland Thailand before the year ends (It's tradition!). I'm thinking if it'll be worth it (and if it's do-able), to fly to the US for some JB reunion. Let's see where the tides and my savings will take me.

** I would like to get a tan this weekend... I'm not sure if four hours of sunbathing will do anything for me. But it's worth a shot. I rarely tan though. I just become really red. And then pink.

** I'm on day five of my week-long Lenten sacrifice. YB abstinence. Haha. I feel guilty not attending any retreats.

** I didn't get to see Kars this week. Which is kind of a bummer because we usually see each other at least once a week (for our sanity). I did get my dose of Keysi this week. We had dinner at Malcolm's place in Salcedo Village and it was great. Loved the lasange with eggplant. Keyce and I are both at a career crossroads of sorts. I think the next "big" thing or change in our lives is about to take place. Maybe not at the same time. And maybe not exactly as how we've pictured it in our minds. But it's coming.

** I love Green Clover and Aloe. Tis my favorite Bath and Body scent. Thanks again Lery!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home