Saturday, May 26, 2007

Friday Roller Coaster

What a day Friday was. Big Wow Luau day for MTS. Just like any event, I was apprehensive in the morning, ironing out all the glitches and other details we might have missed. On top of that, being Build Manager has been quite challenging considering we're working through some issues with our production acceptance test (mwoh-mwoh-mwoh-mwoh for all non-techie peeps). It's a juggling act.

Anyway, I got a very, very, very pleasant surprise around 12NN when Maan called!!! I didn't recognize her voice (it's been a while since we last spoke). But when I did, I had to fight the urge to squeel. Haha. She and I spoke for about 30 or 40 minutes I think. Gosh. I miss miss miss her. Karina and I both do. I can't believe it's been more than a year since we were together. Haaay.

The afternoon was mostly about meetings, finishing up with some deliverables, and fighting over free WiFi with Mike's personal laptop. Hehe. The signal proved to be the strongest in my cubicle by the way. Hehe.

I think my apprehension started to mount when Kaye texted me about getting extra tents for the event. It was an outdoor party and we were going to get soaked if we didn't have tents! I will forever be grateful to Triplex Tents and their quickness to respond to our request! The overcast skies really got my nerves going! I left the office at 5 and arrived at Bramante at 5:30pm.

First of all, props to Kaye and her enormous contribution to this whole event! I dunno how we could have accomplished as much without her. She rocks.



Anyway, the tents were such a big help! It covered about 80% of the tables. I was on the move most of the time, I couldn't sit still for more than 10 minutes (maybe until the event was half-way through). The bands were great. I particularly enjoyed Join the Club's performance. They were rockin'! Their drummer did a beatboxing number. Wow. I'm so glad I hired them! Thanks to Mario for referring them to me!

The rain was relentless though. But I'd say the event was a success overall. Hoorah!

It was fun to see my MTS buds again! Mostly new faces and a lot of old faces. Hehe!



The girls: Mel, Rissa, and Sandy. Hehe. They were my constant companions at UBP. Rissa was a savior that evening, too! I promised to treat her to Casa Armas for all the checks she wrote! Haha!



Here's Mike Sy, SE extraordinaire of the MTS homebase.



I like this picture! Especially because Dan's in it and he has a really nice orange Hawaiian shirt on! I think he considered getting a henna tattoo himself, but decided against it. Baka raw mawala ang respeto ng mga tao sa kanyang butterfly tattoo. Hehe.



The two Rheas! From my MTS start group!



Mike Sy's tattoo kicked a**! It was intricate and scary! The best part is, he got it for free!



So many people to thank for the event. Food was great, so props to Queensland. The organizing committee (Ian, Aries, Roderick, and everyone), did a fantastic job during set-up and the event proper itself. It was fun (and stressful) being the overall director. But after the event, i realized I enjoyed it! After the stress of course. I was nervous about the homeowners pulling the plug on us because of the noise! Thank God all the bands were able to play. Thanks to Sui Generis for the kick a** sound system. The Henna Tattoo artists were great, too! Made a lot of folks happy.

So till the next MTS event? Haha. Oye. Basta, if there won't be any, at least we went out in style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home