Friday, May 18, 2007

Off to Jakarta Today

Mini-reunion of sorts scheduled today. Irene and I will be seeing each other after 6 months! I'm off to Jakarta at 8:55pm tonight. I really don't know what to expect. I've never been to Indonesia. So it's a brand new country for me (and a new stamp on my passport, hehe).

Work has been kind of hectic. We're still having a lot of environment issues and I can feel the pressure from the externals and the clients. Geez. Kinda missed this feeling when I was in bench (or when I was not busy). Sometimes I think I could've handled certain situations better (as an after thought). But then I remind myself that it's just work, it's not supposed to be personal (although it very well tends to be especially when you're spending so much time and effort on it).

Anyway... I've my list of must-dos prior to departure. Prepare the PAT TSR, hand over the testing tasks to Michael, have my eTicket printed out, buy an adapter for my camera charger. Kuya Jerry will be picking me up before 5pm. So everything needs to be done before then.

What's in store this weekend? Hehe. I've left the planning of my itinerary in the very able hands of Irene, Jakarta-resident extraordinare for four years! Imagine that! Karina and I are pretty excited in the expansion of our gimik barkada.

Mama said the batik stuff are cheap in Jakarta. I didn't really bring a big bag! In fact, it's a pretty small bag. I've learned how to travel light. What I need to learn next is retraining myself from shopping too much.

I will miss talking to Ate Gret this weekend though. :( I have some chika for her (which can wait, fortunately).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home