Saturday, June 30, 2007

Friday Spending Spree

Early Saturday morning. 2:15 am, according to the wall clock. Just came back from my usual Friday night out. This time though, I spent it with Pesem. All the delirium started late this afternoon when Mitchie texted me that Zara was on ZALE. Music to my ears... yet I can distinctly hear my wallet/credit card groaning.

Keysi wasn't feeling well (she was all basketball-ed out). Pesem had actually called me to tell me about the sale, and I ended up convincing him to go to Cybergate! We went to Rockwell. There was a mall-wide sale at the Powerplant mall! Coolness! Although I tried (not very hard) to restrain myself, I eventually purchased two pairs of super comfy curdoroy capri pants, a spaghetti strapped striped top, and a pair of super cute gold sandals (from the children's section of course). We had dinner at Pazzo and I was happy that Pesem liked our dinner!


The best carbonara in Manila! We ordered the bambino Carbonara. Creamy with crispy bacon bits. A little piece of heaven!


Blue Ragu! Just a hint of Bleu Cheese. Sausage. Red creamy sauce. I miss the Saganaki. That was good, too. But this one's yummy as well.


Pizza Pazzo Calzone. Fresh from the oven.


Stuffed. Empty Plates. Nuff said!

Being the coffee addicts we are, we then went to Serendra. We hung out at Fully Booked for about thirty minutes and then went to Krispy Kreme for some Iced coffee. I'm now at the end of our lakwatsa. My feet are semi-tired, but my mind's still racing because of the caffeine.

I'm just happy it's the weekend! Tomorrow, Keysi and I will be seeing the Transformers. Been hearing a couple of comments from people who've seen it. Generally positive feedback. Suzie's yahoo status though, reads "Michael Bay sucks." So I'm going to see for myself tomorrow.

Random Thoughts and Tidbits...

** While at Fully Booked, I saw this interesting book. It's by Alexandra Potter, Here's a brief plot: "U.K. author Potter makes her U.S. debut with Emily Albright, 29, a New York bookstore manager, who half-seriously blames Jane Austen's Fitzwilliam Darcy for her abysmal dating life: Darcy sets the bar too high. As Christmas approaches, Emily, to avoid a holiday with co-worker Stella, signs up for a tour of Darcy territory, lighting out, amusingly, with a gaggle of gray-haired Darcy maniacs. As the tour group weaves in and out of Darcy locales, Emily butts heads with Spike Hargreaves, a handsome young journalist interviewing the group. Soon, the jet-lagged, drink-laden Emily finds herself—presto!—time traveling and meeting Mr. Darcy himself, complete with frock coat. As her acquaintance with Darcy deepens, Emily, to her great surprise, finds herself thinking about Spike. Despite the plot's predictability, Potter's chick lit take on Darcy has a refreshing not-trying-to-equal-the-master feel

I've been trying to revive the dormant avid reader in Schmenten. The last books I bought (a couple of Paulo Coelho novels and this Oprah Book Club thingie), are stacked up somewhere in the house. I hope this interesting book will be something I'll finish reading. I like the introduction. The author quotes Jane Austen: "To you I shall say, as I have often said before, Do not be in a hurry, the right man will come at last." Haha. Tears in my eyes! It's as though the book was screaming, "Buy me, you single person you!"

** I just finished taking a shower. I bought a bottle of Strawberry shower gel from the Body Shop and I'm listening to "Warning Sign". Hehe. It's nice how a familiar scent and a song bring back soooo many memories and feelings. It's been almost a year, and sometimes it feels like it was just a dream. Oh well.

** I really enjoyed our super filling dinner at Pazzo. Keyce and I have been Pazzo fans since our 6750 days. Pesem and I had gelato for dessert. Yummeeeee.

** Work was pretty hectic today. I came in late and was in and out of phone calls all day. We did get a couple of things done. Shed some light on that blasted Siebel Exception Error. Mark J., our Aussie counterpart, is nothing short of amazing. He is a Focus server! I asked him why he knew so much about so many things. Overall, it was rather quiet today. No majors (which is good). Tammy's last day in the project. I will miss talking to her about work and silly crushes from the past.

** Week two of V.A. wrapped up today! I think it's working pretty well! I've slipped a couple of times, but nothing major. I'm thinking of extending this till end of July. Haha. Let's see how I hold up.

** Tita Marison and I started planning for Nanay's 85th beeday bash this August. Deng. We need to get the ball rolling on this one. From what we've come up so far, we need to start preparing for it. My concept for the program... Music, Entertainment, and fun!

** I saw Monina and Kuya Lan yesterday and we chatted about the wedding. Monina shared that her guests from Olongapo enjoyed the wedding! Never a dull moment daw! Naaaks. It's nice to hear comments like that. Makes effort worthwhile. Makes me wonder at times too, why I'm not doing it full time. Hehe.

** Yesterday, while I was driving home, I put my iPod on Shuffle mode. Then I realized, there are certain times when I feel my life's a movie and there's music playing in the background. Like a soundtrack! Haha! Oasis' Champagne Supernova played and I just thought of it to be a perfect song of the future one year from now. Hehe. Bagay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home