Thursday, June 28, 2007

Shopping with Marief

It is a mystery why no one has ever thought of coining this name for my dearest best friend, Irene. She's known in Indonesia as "Marie" and her boyfriend's name is Arief. Hehe!

I left the office early today (at around 4pm, record time, I must say!) to go to Greenhills with Irene. She was looking for a webcam, a microphone, an mp3 player, and probably a portable external hard disk. I don't even consider myself a techno geek, nor a techie person for that matter. We had a fun time going around the Virra Mall electronics stalls. Irene is super makulit and we were just throwing jokes at each other back and forth. This girl is just amazing. When she puts her mind on something, she does it. She's achieved so much. I've been asking her to push me to do something extraordinary. Hehe.

After going around, I became hungry. So the logical thing to do, of course, is to visit Le Ching Too for some rockin' spare ribs rice. No trip to Greenhills is complete without this. Tsalap. Perfect with a cold glass of Royal.

After the mall, we went to Irene's house to set up her web cam, her sole purchase of the day. We made it work!

It's been quite a long day. But fun! Always a blast hanging out wih Irene. As I was driving home though, I could feel that my body was starting to react to all my late night activities as of late. Tired :(

Random Thoughts for the day...

** On our way to Katipunan and on my way home on Edsa, we/I got stuck in a 40 minute traffic jam. The lanes were barely moving. In Katipunan, we discovered that there was vehicular accident. By the looks of the wreckage, it seems both cars were going really fast. They even broke the fence. On Edsa, a jeepney had a flat tire and the MMDA was helping change the tire. On both instances, I just had to sigh in frustration. Haaay. Hassle talaga traffic. Makes me miss having a driver behind the wheel and me dozing off in the backseat. Hehe.

** I realized something about myself yesterday. I'm the type who knows, black and white, if I like someone. I've never been confused if I like someone or not. I just know when I do (and when I don't). It's probably also the loyal Scorpio in me... When I like someone, I don't like anyone else. Some guys I start out thinking maybe I like them, but almost immediately (after several conversations), I know for sure.

** Here's a first today. First time I ever managed to change my top and into a pair of jeans inside the car! Haha! Lotsa manuevering. It's a good thing Papa's Xtrail's pretty high.

** While walking through the tiangge earlier today, Irene touched my hand and noticed how warm it was. I suddenly remembered how I felt about Papa's hands. They were always warm! When I was little, used to ask him why that was so and he would reply, "That's because of all the energy." Naks. Hehe. Got me thinking about energy. Two or three people have incredulously asked me, "Where do you get the energy to do the things that you do?" I dunno. Hehe. I just like spending time with friends actually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home