Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Makukulit na Letters from the Past

I spoke with Irene over the phone today. It was just before 7pm, and I was still in the office, forcing myself to complete the A.O.s I owed my testing peeps a month before. She wrote Sam and I an email earlier today: Here's an excerpt from that email (which I've sanitized of course):


i read a whole box of letters you wrote me during
college. most of it as trivial as asking me to eat
after a class or you girls wrote to me while you're
bored in class. tenten, long pad pa ang gamit mo! and
there's this letter na pati si khalid, lery & mikey
sumulat. pati si mico! you always fantasize about our
crushes. funny thing was there was a letter na
allegedly galing kay Mr. Hotdog (this was written way
before we got together)! it went something like, "dear
irene, i'm glad your not chinese too. i will make a
way so that i can leave Ms. China Town & we can be together."
sobrang patawa ka talaga. but no, 8 years or so
after, we're still fantasizing. remember our jakarta
convo na 10 years from now, 5'7" na ako!


In our conversation tonight, Irene also reminded me how we once were neighbors at the blessed (?!) Horseshoe Village. Mwahaha. How the years have passed.

Irene said that among the three of us, Sam, her, and me, I balance out their serious, more madramang thoughts. I've always been a happy person, she said. I recall the times when the two were in their Felicity angst-ing mode in our email exchanges. And I, on the other hand, amidst their philosophizing, just wanted to share na may butas yung medyas na suot ko that day. Teeeheee.

I would like to revisit my baul of letters to see what comes out. Haha. Oh what great fun that would be.

More Random Thoughts for today...

** Nothing is constant but change. Just today, I got confirmation that one of the leads here in our project is resigning. Keysikip's days at The Firm are also numbered ( 8 days to be exact). Two of my good friends are officially engaged and will be moving out of the country by the end of the year. My best friend Irene will be moving to London for a year to study. AND! Our family just let go of our long-time driver Kuya Jerry. Haaay... So many changes. All of them further proving how naturally resistant to change I am. I guess I like routines. Knowing that there are certain things which I can count on happening. It's nice to have some predictability in your life. But then again, we can never be too comfortable. So there's a voice inside of me (which is probably Irene's), saying, "You can't just let life pass you by. Take risks. Make mistakes!"

** The song in my head, because of these changes is "Turn! Turn! Turn!" by The Byrds, I believe. "To everything, Turn. Turn. Turn." Hmmm... Will create a separate entry for this na lang. Music from the Baul (baul talaga to literal!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home