Saturday, July 14, 2007

[Movie Schmovie] Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I think it helps if you have really low expectations of a movie. Hehe. Keysi told me she didn't like this Harry Potter movie. Didn't have as much action as she wanted. First of all, I have to say, I am not a big fan of Book 5. For me, "The Order of the Phoenix" is the worst of the 6 books (I'm torn between book 3 and 6 as my favorite). When I saw the movie though... I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it! It was ... mature. Haha. After what happened in "The Goblet of Fire", the film was able to capture the sense of the characters growing. Harry seemed to be always angry and frustrated. My hats off to Daniel Radcliffe, who I have to say, has improved (acting-wise!). And it's pretty cool how some of the flashbacks they used were from the earlier films! It's pretty cool, seeing how the three main characters have grown right before our very eyes. The movie wasn't too long. It didn't have a lot of complicated subplots. Although, the viewer needs to have a good idea of the backstory. I silently and discreetly shed a tear when Sirius disappeared through that vortex of sorts. I love Sirius. And Gary Oldman fit the role just right. This movie's director is David Yates. He did mostly work for television. And he's directing "The Half Blood Prince"! Wow. Hope he does the book justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home