Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rest Day Today

The 2.5 hours of sleep I got early Monday morning plus some of the stress from Monday night's practice finally took a toll on my not so invincible self. I woke up Tuesday feeling super sore and in dire need of some sleep. Which is what I got today. Teehee. Sarap lang to rest. To laze around, and to sometimes think about this Saturday's big event (among other things).

My mind was on hibernate mode yesterday, hence the lack of focus on work. I think I learned that about myself yesterday. I can pour my heart, mind, and energies into one thing. But it's hard to have the same amount of passion for another thing. Which could explain why the past few week's focus might have been work, and this week's focus is on Lola's birthday. I must say though. It gets quite tiring to be the resident party planner. Most of the time, too many cooks. It's quite a political arena. And I'm right in the middle. Oh well. I just remind myself, that it's all for Lola. And that it will be a great party no matter what.

Despite the katamaran and stress from Monday, it was overall quite a good day. Monday's highlights...

** Lunch was superb. Mike treated me to a Fish and Co. meal (long overdue, hehe!) and the crispy maki platter was bigger than what we expected. The NY fish and chips was yummy! And the freebie dessert was a nice way to end the very filling meal.

** Seeing the family performers pour their hearts out in practicing for this Saturday's big event. Effort ito!

** Lester saying he'll take care of the recordings for the finale. I almost gave Les a big hug. My mind's been troubled with the dilemma of the recordings. Thanks Les!

** Dinner with the Yaps, the Esguerras, the Munars, and Les. We had a very filling dinner at Gerry's Grill Promenade. Everyone pitched in. Celine and Gibo ate as though they haven't eaten for days. Hehe.

** And the perfect ending to a long day... Haagen Dazs Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream with Tito Mar, Tita Alda, Ate Love, Ina, Iris, and Yssa. I can't stop saying how much I just adore my girls! Ina is the funniest of the three. She can mimic Ate Ten's "Zaraaaaahh" with such precision. Camille's "Hash!" is classic anime. Yssa is the most grown-up of the three. I dunno where she picked up Fubu!!

** Monday night massage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home